Lead Software Developer
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications and hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing and checkout experience anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
We have enormous and engaging technical challenges. We need to verify online identity, predict fraud, and approve and price credit while providing a beautiful and frictionless consumer experience all in real time.
We are looking to hire a lead engineer to join the current technology team in continuing to build out our core platform and product. This lead engineer will:
- be responsible for leading design and implementation of new features and iterations of our core platform
- design new iterations of our merchant integration APIs
- be on the front lines responding to customer issues and ensuring smooth integrations
- write tools and introduce approaches that we didn't know we needed but that after a month we won't know how we lived without them
- Expertise building scalable, reliable distributed systems
- Expert knowledge of server-side languages and data stores (our system is built with Go and PostgreSQL, but we’re also happy to speak with those that have strong backend experience with other languages, including JVM languages like Java or Scala; Python; or C++)
- Experience with public web APIs
- A passion for engineering and technology
- Experience with message-based, loosely coupled architectures (we use RabbitMQ and Redis)
- Experience developing systems intended for cloud deployments (we use AWS)
- Knowledge of financial products
- Experience with Go/PostgreSQL/Rabbit/Redis
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms, like Magento, Shopify, Demandware, or others
If this is you, submit a cover letter and resume to apply!
Back to top