Director, Fraud Risk
Bread makes essential purchases affordable to regular people. We transform pricing in e-commerce: The $1,000 couch you’re looking at might become a $50/month charge. Clear, transparent terms with fair rates. We treat our customers with dignity with clear and transparent products all with streamlined real-time convenience of instant decisioning and checkouts.
To enable this vision, we have enormous and engaging fraud management challenges. We are looking for an experienced fraud risk professional to join the Risk team to manage our fraud risk. Reporting to the CRO, you will have a hands-on role in all aspects of fraud risk management from fraud strategy rules, 3rd party and alternative data sources, either working with modeling or building your own, partnering closely with other areas in Bread such as operations and engineering all so that we can maintain an upper hand in the ever-evolving fraud landscape.
If you like to get things done by engaging in teamwork, are not afraid to dive in hands-on and are motivated by looking for and finding the next clue and you have a proven track record of success in beating fraudsters at their own game to deliver tangible benefits then you’ve come to the right place.
Things you will do:
- Build a robust fraud risk framework to keep Bread ahead and abreast of ever changing fraud landscape spanning model selection, strategy rule refinement & iteration approach, 3rd party/alternative data sources, treatment strategies etc
- Create and execute a strategic roadmap for fraud risk management
- Own regular reporting and review processes, conducting in-depth analytical projects to refine fraud decisioning waterfall
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across operations, collections, engineering and product among others to turn insights into action
- Stay abreast of happening in the industry and working to deliver a best in class fraud analytics function
- 5-10 years of experience in fraud risk management and fraud risk analytics in digital space
- Hands-on experience and familiarity in SQL, SAS, R, Python or other programming language to conduct analysis. Knowledge of machine learning models preferred.
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable strategies and tell the story
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, implement strategies, thought leadership to drive fraud risk analytics infrastructure
- Have the drive and desire to innovate and experiment to continuously improve and leap-frog and have enough experience to know what can be done without and what cannot
If this is you, submit a cover letter and resume to apply!
Back to top