Director, Credit and Fraud Risk
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications and hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing and checkout experience anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
Reporting to the senior management team and leading a team of data scientists and operational analysts, you will have a hands-on role in all aspects of Credit and Fraud Risk management—from underwriting to term and credit limit assignment to managing relationships with critical external vendors and internal stakeholders.
If you have a passion for all things Risk with a track record of leadership and results who likes to get things done by engaging in teamwork, is not afraid to dive in hands-on, and is excited by the challenges that come with life at a fast-growing FinTech startup, you’ve come to the right place.
Things you will do:
- Own Credit and Fraud loss KPIs
- Manage the strategy behind and own the implementation of Credit and Fraud underwriting and term assignment logic
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across Operations, Collections, Engineering and Product among others to turn insights into action
- Own internal and external Credit and Fraud reporting, including to senior management and Board of Directors
- Cultivate and expand relationships with critical external business partners
- 7+ years of results-driving experience in consumer Credit Risk management (direct underwriting experience preferred) with at least some direct exposure to Fraud
- 3+ years of strong people leadership experience
- Expertise in Analytics / Data Science (advanced degree in Statistics/Economics or related field preferred but not required)
- Direct experience working with cross-functional internal teams and external vendors to implement strategies and drive results
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Analytical familiarity with SAS, R, Python or other programming language
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and consider multiple competing business objectives
If this is you, submit a cover letter and resume to apply!
Back to top