Director of Events
BrandLinkDC is searching for a Director of Events to join our team. This candidate will have 7+ years of experience managing the planning, production and execution of events. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented individual with creative eye and strategic mind. The Director of Events will report to the VP of Events and assist with managing the events team. They will be an integral part of the agency and must be a strategic thinker that is able to collaborate with teams in other disciplines (marketing, PR, social media and finance).
This position will manage multiple events of varying size and scope for BrandLinkDC’s roster of high-profile clients. They will create and execute event plans, manage overall budgets, maintain excellent client relationships, manage vendor relations and oversee on-site execution. The ideal candidate will be organized, resourceful and a self-starter who can shine in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This candidate must have a great attitude and bring positive, creative energy to the team.
- Creatively develop and execute signature events including logistics, budget management, on-site coordination, vendor management and post event analysis and reporting
- Assist event managers to ensure budgets are updated and accurate on an ongoing basis
- Work with teams across functions to ensure that the event team is aligned with overall client efforts
- Manage and mentor event team to uncover new opportunities for growth and provide feedback
- Able to establish a great working relationship with clients, building trust with key stakeholders to stay informed of overall client satisfaction and business changes/developments
- Identify and understand audience development as applicable to client and event needs
- Identify, select, negotiate and oversee contracts with vendors
- 7+ years event management experience with hands on experience producing multi-faceted events, 3+ years managing a team and previous experience working with third party clients
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working with various clients, vendors and event staff personnel
- Creative but strategic thinker with strong decision making skills and an analytical eye
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in high-intensity, fast-paced and deadline oriented environments
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint; experience in SocialTables and/or Photoshop a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required
- 5+ years experience in marketing, forecasting, budget management and planning and executing large-scale, high-quality events. Meeting Planner (CMP) credentials a plus.
Interested? Send your pitch along with your resume and salary requirements to [email protected]
Meet Some of BrandlinkDC's Employees
Co-Founders & Co-CEOs
We've found that gap between the buttoned-up and the sexy. We're able to take really exciting clients and tell their story with precision, depth, and research—it's a really interesting and different place to be.
Back to top