Technical Support Representative
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
We're looking for a highly technical problem solver who doesn’t require a script or an owner’s manual to help clients integrate and navigate our solutions. Beyond the technical skillset, we are looking for someone who can delight our customers with promptness, thoroughness, accuracy and even the occasional pun. The role encompasses all manners of problem solving.
- Field support calls and emails from developers and business users about account integration and functionality.
- Assist customers with our API. You’ll be intimately familiar with the API.
- Train merchants on our software's functionality.
- Research and implement improvements to internal documentation and training processes.
- Perform analysis to help merchants improve their approval ratios and help them make more money by way of our software.
- Update customer account information including address, banking details, etc.
- Work to continuously learn about the industry in hopes of quickly becoming an expert
- Proactively look for ways to improve internal processes in an effort to increase efficiency.
- Participate in a support retrospective where all functions of the group are reviewed and improvement action items are established.
- Engage in software development discussions to create/improve our systems
- Receive requests for technical assistance and problem resolution and collected detailed information to categorize requests in order to determine method of resolution
- Problem Solve like it’s your job, because….well, it is.
- Must be a self-starter and self-learner. Those that require a playbook need not apply.
- Technical ability and comfort like no other. You should feel brave leaping into a technical abyss.
- Someone who is routinely the Tech Support hotline for his/her family and friends.
- 2+ years experience in a technical role that put you in direct contact with customers or clients.
- Resourcefulness that puts Angus MacGuyver to shame.
- Someone who is secure in their ping-pong playing abilities. Watch out. You might get schooled.
- Someone who possesses infinite patience and devotion to those he/she serves.
- Comfortable with a flexible work schedule. We may eventually open up our hours of service and you’d help us with that.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Lisa consults with the merchants on the Braintree platform and helps them with all of their needs—whether it’s learning how to accept a credit card or how to analyze the data that comes out of the process.
Back to top