Technical Project Manager
Every time you pay for an Uber ride or book on Airbnb, you’re using our product. Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple, you wouldn't know we were there.
At Braintree, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different, and encourage you to act on your ideas — no matter how pie-in-the-sky. You bring skills and a customer-first mentality, and we'll bring the tools and environment you need to do the best work of your life.
Technical Project Manager
As a Technical Project Manager with Braintree, you will guide the execution of infrastructure projects in our owned platform and in the cloud. You must posses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a keen eye for detail, the courage to dive into challenging projects and the drive to make a project a success.
To meet the growing demands of our business, our current projects include scaling out our platform from physical data centers to the cloud, driving the adoption of our cloud platform, expanding our datacenter space and hardware, scaling out our existing platform to multiple active-active sites, and undertaking software projects to maximize the scale and performance of our applications.
As a PM, you sit at the crossroads of business demand and infrastructure engineering, working with the team to create a roadmap and action plan for execution. You also collaborate like it's your job because, well, it is. A basic understanding of modern infrastructure and operations practice is valuable: Linux, networking, automation, databases, and systems engineering.
- Drive infrastructure projects to completion
- Break down infrastructure projects into actionable story cards and milestones
- Coordinate weekly planning meetings
- Track the progress of infrastructure projects against our roadmap
- Participate in team retrospectives, offering a holistic view of what we've built
- Collaborate with engineers and other Braintree product and operation teams to understand and prioritize their infrastructure needs
- Implement project coordination best practices to streamline the work and remove any barriers that affect the team
- Interact with processing partners and network engineering teams on connectivity projects like VPN tunnels and MPLS circuits
What we look for in you:
- 3-5 years of technical project management experience
- Stellar project management and coordination skills
- Experience with modern web applications and cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with AWS, RDS, Cassandra, Linux, networking, databases, storage technology and concepts
- The ideal candidate will be a problem solver with technical insight into our infrastructure projects and roadmap
- Experience working side by side with engineering and operations teams
Open Dev Day — two days a month our engineers work on projects that interest them to improve their craft
Product conferences — attend two conferences … all on the Braintree dime
Daily catered lunches — salad bar and entree buffet. Yum!
Tuition reimbursement — we take education and skills development seriously
Tracking-Free Vacations — employees self track their vacation to ensure you get the time off you need
Back to top