Every time you pay for an Uber ride or book on Airbnb, you’re using our product. Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple, you wouldn't know we were there.
At Braintree, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different, and encourage you to act on your ideas -- no matter how pie-in-the-sky. You bring skills and a customer-first mentality, and we'll bring the tools and environment you need to do the best work of your life.
Systems Engineer Team Culture:
Our System Engineers embrace Unix Philosophy and Linux systems - from the production clusters down to the desktop. Single purpose, well designed tools are always preferred over the combination wifi-coffee-maker-ping-pong-table. Our team is a mixture of folks with experiences in systems, software, networking, you name it.
Daily responsibility is to ensure the technology accelerates and compliments our business. Stability, scalability, fault tolerance and automation are key properties of our solutions. We strive to provide our merchants and internal teams with 100% system availability, as we don’t make money unless we’re live and our merchants are routing transactions.
Types of projects we work on:
- Build new data storage systems that house our massive quantities of transaction data
- Design new ways to run our services across multiple data centers and take sites from active-passive to active-active
- Enhancing our deployment process to push new code and systems into production with ease
- Build systems to achieve 100% availability for our gateways to process global transactions 24/7/365
- Identify areas of need for automation and make changes to our production servers
What we look for in you:
- 2+ years experience working with a variety of of technologies that can help power high scale, high-availability transaction systems
- Passion for working with Linux: managing users, setting up web servers, building packages, security concerns, and more
- Experience with automation: manage high volumes of production servers with tools, not tedium. We prefer Puppet, but experience with other configuration tools welcome
- Familiarity administering virtual servers using Xen, VMWare, KVM or others
- Understanding the value of HA capabilities and being involved in keeping a system online no matter what
Open Dev Day — two days a month our engineers work on projects that interest them to improve their craft
Product conferences — attend two conferences … all on the Braintree dime
Daily catered lunches — salad bar and entree buffet. Yum!
Tuition reimbursement — we take education and skills development seriously
Tracking-Free Vacations — employees self track their vacation to ensure you get the time off you need
Back to top