Strategy and Operations Manager
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Strategy and Operations Manager
Braintree continues to grow at tremendous rates, and the Strategic Analyst role will continue to help scale our business in the most visionary ways. This role is the first of its kind and will report in directly to our Head of Growth and be tasked with helping solve Braintree’s most challenging problems and forecasting ways to improve the business overall. We’re looking for someone who is a full on self starter, loves thinking big picture, but is not afraid to get in the weeds.
The ideal candidate has experience in management or strategic consulting and knows how to leverage past experience to solve the most challenging problems business face as they scale. This is not an administrative role; it’s a highly hands-on and requires the utmost focus and flexibility to drive our various Operations, Product/Engineering, and Sales organizations forward. It requires the ability to go deep, and take the context learned to shape the business at a high level.
Partner with various business leaders to execute on and track the most influential projects Braintree is working on. Examples may include:
- Working directly with executive leadership to understand Braintree’s vision and put together a tactical proposal for how we best achieve our goals
- Proactively identifying gaps across multiple business units and proposing solutions to process or product
- Crafting presentations for company wide reviews that highlight growth and improvement areas in every area of the business, and then leading the meeting with all business units
- Developing functional team roadmaps and KPIs to measure success
- Working directly with PayPal leaders to improve end to end processes
- Leveraging project management and analytical skills to resolve high visibility, business critical projects requiring rapid resolution.
- Experience in management or strategic consulting
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is a requirement
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Innovative, self-motivated, collaborative, and capable of dealing with complex interpersonal dynamics
- Experience in Payments industry
- Graduate Degree/MBA
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience with Salesforce.com, SQL, and Tableau is a plus
- Financial modeling, data analysis, and the ability to leverage data analysis to drive sound decision-making
Back to top