SMB Relationship Manager
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
SMB Relationship Manager
Our SMB Account/Relationship Managers are beholden to one person and one alone: our customers. SMB Account/Relationship Managers create meaningful relationships with our clients and find ways to be perpetually one step ahead of their needs. They deliver the optimal merchant experience by providing guidance and insight into payments, processing, and product.
Payments: Grasping this complex, fast-moving industry and helping clients do the same.
Processing: Analyzing transaction data to provide insight into business decisions
Product: Knowing the Braintree platform from Control Panel to codebase and finding the right solutions for merchants.
This requires a dynamic individual with impeccable written and verbal communication skills, a track record of successful project execution, and an unnatural love for analyzing data and solving problems - all while being consultative and entrepreneurial in approach.
Your day will vary depending on requests, as you’ll be on the front line servicing our merchants. This role will manage merchants of all sizes, supporting our merchants as they grow by answering email through our ticket queue and answering inbound merchant calls. There will also be an element of supporting our largest merchants in these markets through proactive analysis of their credit card processing and future needs. Braintree is looking to bring on additional white glove support to our merchants.
Being that the goal is to provide an optimal merchant experience, this role is not commission based.
- Responds to incoming merchant emails and questions, responding within two hours and fully answering merchant questions, including anticipating additional needs
- Proactively reach out to merchants regarding processing trends including decline optimization, fraud solutions, and interchange optimization
- Educate merchants on new products and features including Recurring Billing, Account Updater, Fraud Tools, Hosted Fields, New Billing Agreements, etc.
- Assist merchants with reconciliation and full understanding of Braintree’s reporting capabilities
- Up-sell merchants from Gateway only to Braintree’s full stack solution
- Work with clients on their international growth
- Work with merchants and finance to ensure pricing is advantageous to both the merchant and Braintree/PayPal
- Collaborate with other teams within Braintree to create new divisions for the merchant
- Exceptional organizational skills: At any given time, you’ll be juggling multiple time-sensitive inquiries, monitoring the health of your merchant portfolio, and working on longer-term projects
- Analytical: Currently works comfortably on analysis that requires pulling data from various enterprise-level systems. Experience with advanced excel required.
- A quick learner: A curious person who will learn in formal training and situational environments but also develop their own deep understanding of how things get done.
- Positive spirits: Someone who thrives in team environments and doesn’t feel like any task is “below them.”
- Phenomenal communication skills: You take time to craft the best response possible because you know efficient and effective client communication is critical to their success (you’re also someone who feels physical pain upon seeing misuse of your/you’re). But when the phone rings and there’s no time to edit a draft, you can speak crisply on complex subjects.
- Awesomeness: Former co-workers would gush about your creativity, resourcefulness, and professionalism
- Customer Service: You can tell us the stories about how you turned an angry customer into one that loved you again.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Ben writes the code that builds Braintree's products—collaborating with Executives, Partners, and Developments Team to bridge the gap between all three.
Back to top