Senior Technical Writer
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Our focus is teaming with smart contributors who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software documentation for our unique solutions in the space.
At Braintree, writers have the chance to work on various teams and projects. And, we believe in using the best tool for the job. Here’s more:
- Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. All writers perform peer reviews, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We practice hands-on development, using our own solutions as we develop the documentation for them to ensure that we deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs.
- We keep the team in sync with weekly check-ins and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you’ll work directly with product and development teams around the world to produce documentation for the payment solutions we’re bringing to market. You’ll also collaborate with the rest of the technical writing team on an ongoing basis to ensure that our tools, guidelines, and standards are effective and efficient.
We’re seeking a candidate who is able to use and test APIs and other solutions to verify the accuracy of the information that we provide.
Our ideal candidate has all of the following qualities, knowledge, and skills:
- Experience designing, writing, and testing API integration and reference documents
- Is a self-starter who is able to take a project and run with it
- 7+ years experience writing documentation for developer audiences
- Manages time and projects effectively, juggling multiple projects and deliverables
- Able to articulate basic concepts and uses of Web service technologies, including WSDL, XML, SOAP, JSON, and/or REST
- Basic understanding of HTTP request-response protocol
- Able to articulate basic database concepts at a conceptual level
- Comfortable authoring in HTML and Markdown
- Comfortable authoring in Microsoft Word and Adobe FrameMaker
- Experience with a source control system such as Perforce or GitHub
- Nice to have: Ability to code simple applications from scratch
- Nice to have: B.S. or higher in EE, CS, or equivalent
- Open Dev Days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Lisa consults with the merchants on the Braintree platform and helps them with all of their needs—whether it’s learning how to accept a credit card or how to analyze the data that comes out of the process.
Back to top