Senior Technical Lead
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
The Engineering Team:
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space.
At Braintree, developers have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. For example, we’ve written data platforms in Clojure, payment gateways in Java, and contextual commerce in Python. Here’s more:
- Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department – developers test, release and monitor their own code.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
Senior Technical Lead:
The Senior Technical Lead position is a role balancing technical leadership & people management. You will be joining our Merchant Experience engineering group. These engineering teams build software tied to merchant reporting, onboarding, disputes & business risk.
What we look for in you:
- You work with Team Leads to drive and coordinate the implementation and direction within your expertise for several teams within a family of products
- You own the quality and scalability of the products you and your teams are building and supporting
- You spend roughly half of your time coding, designing, or otherwise “making”, either in a specific team’s code base, building spikes/prototypes, or building tooling that supports quality, standards, productivity, etc
- You serve as your teams’ “advance scout,” thinking through future problems and helping shape the overall course
- You spend time working with other Group Leads to ensure that the code and product that is being built in your group works with the rest of the organization
- You periodically review the progress and implementations of your teams
- You work with Team Leads to drive technical or design direction over the course of multiple milestones and objectives
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Jack works with all of the data that Braintree stores. He uses his engineering skills to collect, sort, analyze, and deliver data and analyses—for both internal use and for Braintree's clientele.
Back to top