Senior Marketing Manager
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
US SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER
Based in San Francisco the successful applicant will be responsible for the US region, overseeing all marketing related activities from brand growth, GTM strategy & execution, event / activation coordination, through to lead-gen programs & life-cycle management.
If you’re a swiss army knife marketer that wants to apply their skills to a dynamic, fast moving, and highly creative portfolio this role is perfect for you.
The role and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the full US marketing portfolio to deliver all marketing metrics, inclusive of brand, lead generation, user activation, user engagement and revenue metrics.
- Lead integrated local market go-to-market strategy, development and execution, individual online and offline marketing programs across all customer touch points to achieve objectives.
- Drive initiatives across all marketing channels - digital and traditional media, search optimization, creative activations, owned and partnered events, sponsorship opportunities, thought leadership content, media partnerships, product/feature launches, web, social, lead gen, CRM, education and training, etc
- Build strong relationships and collaboration with stakeholders across Braintree and the PYPL network, working collaboratively to identify opportunities, ensure alignment and buy-in across the organization, and clarity and transparency of activity throughout execution.
- Work closely with our media and creative agencies, playing a significant role in the development of global creative campaigns and the management of our creative agency.
- Manage continued optimization and reporting of integrated marketing programs. Analyze funnels and marketing plan effectiveness, and systematically report back on performance.
- Identify and execute key sales enablement opportunities with high propensity for lead generation within US markets - inclusive of but not limited to; event identification, activation and management of key partnerships, nurture programs and optimization of both online and offline creative activations - as well as working with the product marketing team to create tools and assets to support the sales cycle.
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategies that increase traffic, conversion and lead gen through a range of techniques including advertising, SEO (organic and paid), targeted email, etc.
- Build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams that include sales, creative, marketing, PR, web, product experience, engineering and external partners.
- Advocate, educate and influence stakeholders about your portfolio across all levels of the organization from interns to C-suite.
- Apply great attention to detail with top-notch presentation, written and verbal communications skills.
- Oversee budget development, management and tracking for all programs.
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts and service providers.
- Direct management of Marketing Coordinator to support regional marketing activities.
What will make you successful:
- Collaborative - A key part of the role is to work hand-in-hand with sales to unify the GTM strategies, and with PayPal to ensure that leveraging each other’s strengths and ensure alignment in marketing initiatives. This requires the successful candidate to be able to work across a matrix and have experience managing multiple stakeholders across multiple levels and functions.
- Self Starter - Whilst the successful candidate will have the support of a marketing coordinator, our global marketing team, partner agencies, the US sales team and our PayPal counterparts, they’ll be required to manage the day-to-day across all marketing activities. This means they’ll need to be the sort of person that jumps two feet in and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
- Creatively led with campaign experience - The successful candidate will have experience in the creative process, understanding the importance of strategy within the process, and a detailed understanding of the delivery campaign assets across all customer touch points.
- Jack of all trades - They’ll be skilled in project management and have experience across a range of different marketing disciplines. In particular, they should be digitally and data savvy with an ability to analyse data and uncover creative ways in which to leverage it for lead gen activities.
- Experience - Ideally we’re looking for someone with previous experience working in the tech industry, highly regulated sectors or similar. Whilst it doesn’t hurt, prior payments experience is not a deal breaker. They should have at least 6 years in marketing related fields.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Lisa consults with the merchants on the Braintree platform and helps them with all of their needs—whether it’s learning how to accept a credit card or how to analyze the data that comes out of the process.
Back to top