Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Our Infrastructure Engineers embrace Unix Philosophy and Linux systems - from the production clusters down to the desktop. Single purpose, well designed tools are always preferred over the combination wifi-coffee-maker-ping-pong-table. Our team is a mixture of folks with experiences in systems, software, networking, you name it.
Daily responsibility is to ensure the technology accelerates and compliments our business. Stability, scalability, fault tolerance and automation are key properties of our solutions. We strive to provide our merchants and internal teams with 100% system availability, as we don’t make money unless we’re live and our merchants are routing transactions.
Types of projects we work on:
- Build new data storage systems that house our massive quantities of transaction data
- Design new ways to run our services across multiple data centers and take sites from active-passive to active-active
- Enhancing our deployment process to push new code and systems into production with ease
- Build systems to achieve 100% availability for our gateways to process global transactions 24/7/365
- Identify areas of need for automation and make changes to our production servers
- 5-10+ years experience working with a variety of of technologies that can help power high scale, high-availability transaction systems
- Passion for working with Linux: managing users, setting up web servers, building packages, security concerns, and more
- Experience with automation: manage high volumes of production servers with tools, not tedium. We prefer Puppet, but experience with other configuration tools welcome
- Familiarity administering virtual servers using Xen, VMWare, KVM or others
- Understanding the value of HA capabilities and being involved in keeping a system online no matter what
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Lisa consults with the merchants on the Braintree platform and helps them with all of their needs—whether it’s learning how to accept a credit card or how to analyze the data that comes out of the process.
Back to top