Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
The Recharge Program:
What is it!?
The Recharge Program is designed to increase diversity in technology and create opportunity for those looking to get back into the workforce. We understand life takes you on all sorts of paths, and if you’ve stepped out of the workforce for any amount of time or reason, we want the Recharge Program to be a platform to get you back in the game!
It is a 16 week paid position with open seats in our Chicago or San Francisco office. You will be placed onto a team working closely with other engineers for ongoing projects at Braintree.
Similar to an internship, those participating will be considered for hire as full-time employees at the conclusion of the program.
Here are more details from our friends at PayPal (Braintree is a PayPal subsidiary).
The Engineering Team:
At Braintree, developers have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. For example, we’ve written data platforms in Clojure, payment gateways in Java, and contextual commerce in Python. Here’s more:
- Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department – developers test, release and monitor their own code.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
What we look for in you:
- Previous experience building software or web applications using object oriented or functional programming languages. Doesn’t matter what language, just a focus on writing clean, well designed code
- Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment: open team room, pair programming and fluid interactions with all products and operations teams
- Familiarity writing tests and excitement to learn how Braintree approaches test-driven development
- Ability to build solutions utilizing an agile approach: close relationships with Product Managers, communicating and digesting real time feedback, and working smart to build out the team’s product roadmap
- Passion for your craft and eagerness to harness your past experiences while being exposed to new tech & engineering practices
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Ben writes the code that builds Braintree's products—collaborating with Executives, Partners, and Developments Team to bridge the gap between all three.
Back to top