Product Marketing Manager
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Product Marketing Manager
Over the last year, the Braintree marketing team has grown significantly and has had the privilege of shaping & telling the Braintree brand story to next generation businesses all around the world. Reporting into the Head of Product Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping to drive Braintree’s go-to-market strategies for an array of supported payment methods (PayPal, Venmo, Apple Pay, Android Pay, and more, which will continue to evolve over time).
We’re looking for someone to work cross-functionally with product, engineering, sales, biz dev, marketing and operations teams to help our customers create beautiful payment experiences. The ideal candidate is passionate about online payments, technology, e-commerce, social media, business strategy and is able to distill pertinent product information with complex and highly technical details to internal and external audiences. This role will focus on key initiatives that support increasing Braintree’s awareness, sales pipeline, and market position. To be successful, the individual will thrive in an agile and cross functional environment, is keenly interested in speaking to customers, developers and decision makers inside the payments ecosystem and ready to help shape the future of payments.
- Lead inbound and outbound product marketing efforts for the assigned product portfolio - that means you’ll be the subject matter expert on the customer, the product and the category
- Create product marketing activities that support business strategies, plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines
- Own the customer acquisition channel to support sales enablement, working cross functionally to set the vision for strategy, education and development of marketing assets and training tools for global teams
- Build relationships with developer communities to create a two-way channel for product messaging, insights, and adoption. Identify on/offline groups and blogs, and play an integral role in reaching the audience
- Participate in the go-to-market and launch process, with you at the center of all cross functional, international, internal & external stakeholders for enablement channel and developer audiences. Set project plans to educate, and amplify pre and post launch activation
- Understand how best to optimize for mobile and desktop experiences (desktop, mobile responsive and in-app marketing)
- Work closely with product teams for a comprehensive understanding of the offerings and contribute to and keep track of their evolution
- Develop and report goal and target setting success metrics for all programs
- Assist in the development process of value proposition creation, refinement, product positioning, and partner with Content Strategist to deliver world class messaging
- Identify process inefficiencies, problem-solve solutions and create instructional guides on new process implementation
- Work with design team, external agency and partner with content strategist to deliver world class messaging for assets - web, videos, training tools, demos, sales collateral, and more
- Act as point of contact with PayPal global product marketing organization, ensuring consistent, clear communication and a collaborative spirit for sales tool creation and developer activities
- Monitor competitors, industry shifts, emerging markets and the category overall to stay up to date, drive future growth and synthesize findings across team
- Become the brand advocate and a spokesperson, amplifying education, training and demo materials availability across global touchpoints
- 5-8+ years of relevant experience required as a product marketing manager or in product management, managing acquisition and retention initiatives at fast growing companies
- A minimum of 3 years direct experience in the payments ecosystem, experience in either payments, commerce or financial technology is required
- A combined history of leading b2b programs, including enablement and/or developer programs for complex subject matter in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated experience with Medium and Enterprise level audiences. Bonus points for experience working with sharing economy, retail or commerce platforms
- Demonstrated product marketing experience crafting marketing plans, creative briefs, managing the creative process, channel optimization, A/B testing, reporting on results and KPIs
- A team player with demonstrated ability to work within a highly matrixed environments
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to be persuasive, influential, affect change and build internal consensus on critical initiatives
- Incredible attention to detail and organizational skills
- Outstanding follow-through and self-starting attitude
- 10-20% travel between corporate locations (SF<>CHI)
Back to top