Product Manager Intern
Every time you pay for an Uber ride or book on Airbnb, you’re using our product. Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple, you wouldn't know we were there.
At Braintree, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different, and encourage you to act on your ideas — no matter how pie-in-the-sky. You bring skills and a customer-first mentality, and we'll bring the tools and environment you need to do the best work of your life.
Types of projects we work on:
Marketplace — split payments, made simple. Think: Airbnb or TaskRabbit
Hosted Fields — small, transparent iFrames that replace sensitive credit card inputs in your checkout flow
Drop-In UI — ready-made payment UI for accepting cards and digital currency
Braintree Auth — enable payments for your partners in a single onboarding flow
Product Management Intern:
As a Product Management Intern with Braintree, you will join an existing product team and work with the Lead PM to drive existing product features and and help develop new features based on a big-picture vision. In addition, towards the second half of the internship you will be able to work with your own product team consisting of your fellow software engineering interns to develop a product idea and execute that idea.
You must posses a unique blend of inquisitive curiosity and technical savvy, a keen eye for detail, the courage to dive into initiatives and the drive to make a product a reality.
What we look for in you:
We are looking for smart and tenacious individuals who are looking to challenge themselves in a highly collaborative environment.
As a part of our company culture we encourage everyone to work a healthy, sustainable pace and that includes interns. We have special events for our interns to get a chance to socialize with the rest of the Braintree team and explore Chicago.
- Relevant software development, business management, project management or product management experience, be it an entering college Junior or Senior, or a working professional interested in the field
- Analytical mindset and skills in research and coordination.
- Proven track record of getting things done and done well with lots of examples of projects you've spearheaded.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity in all things, a task-oriented streak and a hunger for knowledge.
- A cover letter and resume are required
- In your cover letter, please include a paragraph describing how you would improve a feature on your favorite product or app
Open Dev Day — two days a month our product teams work on projects that interest them to improve their craft
Daily catered lunches — salad bar and entree buffet. Yum!
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Lisa consults with the merchants on the Braintree platform and helps them with all of their needs—whether it’s learning how to accept a credit card or how to analyze the data that comes out of the process.
Back to top