Every time you pay for an Uber ride or book on Airbnb, you’re using our product. Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple, you wouldn't know we were there.
At Braintree, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different, and encourage you to act on your ideas — no matter how pie-in-the-sky. You bring skills and a customer-first mentality, and we'll bring the tools and environment you need to do the best work of your life.
As a Product Management Lead with Braintree, you will drive existing product areas and and help develop new ones based on a big-picture vision. You must posses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a keen eye for detail, the courage to dive into key strategic initiatives and the drive to make a product a reality.
We are team based...
We work in an open team room; no cubicles or private offices. Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. We work directly with coworkers as well as merchants to triage, design, and solve the business's technical challenges. The key to our strong team is transparency and responsibility.
We are agile...
For us, the most important part of being Agile is doing what works best for the team. We work off a story card wall and release weekly. We keep the team in sync with daily standups and have a retrospective to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements. We regularly communicate with our stakeholders and partner teams to get immediate feedback. We value diverse opinions and we do what's right for the product and the team.
Had you been with us in the last month, you would have...
- Jumped on a call with key customers to understand their business needs and strategic plans
- Defined a roadmap for your product areas and teams based on the input from all stakeholders and key customers
- Made tough priority calls and trade-offs balancing available time, talent and critical business needs
- Collaborated with engineering leads to setup your teams for success in executing on the roadmap
- Had a finger on the pulse of your team and initiatives through regular check-ins
- Met with operational leads to establish and maintain strong communication channels essential for running the overall business
- Interacted with merchants to evangelize our product
- Sat in on a retrospective
- Reviewed and published metrics for your product
- Mentored and managed product managers
- Read a tweet from a satisfied client about a feature that you put into production
What we look for in you:
- 10 to 15 years of overall experience with at least 5 years in in execution of tech related projects preferably in an agile software development environment.
- Analytical mindset and skills in research and coordination.
- Proven track record of getting things done and done well with lots of examples of projects you've spearheaded.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity in all things, a task-oriented streak and a hunger for knowledge.
Open Dev Day — two days a month our engineers work on projects that interest them to improve their craft
Product conferences — attend two conferences … all on the Braintree dime
Daily catered lunches — salad bar and entree buffet. Yum!
Tuition reimbursement — we take education and skills development seriously
Tracking-Free Vacations — employees self track their vacation to ensure you get the time off you need
We're looking for passionate people who are interested in jumping on a rocket ship that powers the best of the payments industry. Think you've got something to contribute to our exceptional team? We'd like to hear from you!
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Lisa consults with the merchants on the Braintree platform and helps them with all of their needs—whether it’s learning how to accept a credit card or how to analyze the data that comes out of the process.
Back to top