Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
We are team based...
We work in an open team room; no cubicles or private offices. Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. We work directly with coworkers as well as merchants to triage, design, and solve the business's technical challenges. The key to our strong team is transparency and responsibility.
We are agile...
For us, the most important part of being Agile is doing what works best for the team. We work off a story card wall and release weekly. We keep the team in sync with daily standups and have a retrospective to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements. We regularly communicate with our stakeholders and partner teams to get immediate feedback. We value diverse opinions and we do what's right for the product and the team.
As a Product Management Lead with Braintree, you will drive existing product areas and and help develop new ones based on a big-picture vision. You must posses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a keen eye for detail, the courage to dive into key strategic initiatives and the drive to make a product a reality.
Had you been with us in the last month, you would have...
- Jumped on a call with key customers to understand their business needs and strategic plans
- Defined a roadmap for your product areas and teams based on the input from all stakeholders and key customers
- Made tough priority calls and trade-offs balancing available time, talent and critical business needs
- Collaborated with engineering leads to setup your teams for success in executing on the roadmap
- Had a finger on the pulse of your team and initiatives through regular check-ins
- Met with operational leads to establish and maintain strong communication channels essential for running the overall business
- Interacted with merchants to evangelize our product
- Sat in on a retrospective
- Reviewed and published metrics for your product
- Mentored and managed product managers
- Read a tweet from a satisfied client about a feature that you put into production
- 10 to 15 years of overall experience with at least 5 years in in execution of tech related projects preferably in an agile software development environment.
- Analytical mindset and skills in research and coordination.
- Proven track record of getting things done and done well with lots of examples of projects you've spearheaded.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity in all things, a task-oriented streak and a hunger for knowledge.
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Lisa consults with the merchants on the Braintree platform and helps them with all of their needs—whether it’s learning how to accept a credit card or how to analyze the data that comes out of the process.
Back to top