Merchant Support Representative
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share -- or the condo you rented this weekend -- without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The Merchant Support position provides first-touch support to customers, via email and phone, answering questions and acting as the main point of contact for logistical business changes. We're looking for a highly organized go-getter who wants to delight our customers by delivering accurate and quick assistance while maintaining Braintree’s white-glove service experience. This candidate should be hungry to play a pivotal role in supporting and maintaining the day-to-day operations of our customer base, which includes some of the most recognizable online companies, while also welcoming aboard the new wave of innovative e-commerce businesses. Day-to-day tasks include fielding merchant requests for back and front-end account changes, helping our merchants navigate the waters of our ever-expanding products, and educating them on the complex e-commerce industry.
- Field merchant requests for back and front-end account changes
- Make business updates including bank account and account owner updates
- On-board new payment instrument accounts (credit card, Bitcoin, PayPal, etc.)
- Help our merchants navigate the waters of our ever-expanding products
- Generate transaction and statement reports
- Offer guidance on utilizing new functionality and products
- Educate merchants on the ins and outs of our complex e-commerce business
- Explain the specific funding timelines for the respective payment instrument
- Outline payment options for the 100+ currencies that we support
- Must be a self-starter and self-learner. Those that require a playbook need not apply.
- 1+ years experience in a role that put you in direct contact with customers or clients.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone who is more organized than The Container Store.
- Resourcefulness that puts Angus MacGuyver to shame.
- Someone who possesses infinite patience and devotion to those he/she assists. You should be able to tell us the stories about how you turned an angry customer into one that loved you again.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Lisa consults with the merchants on the Braintree platform and helps them with all of their needs—whether it’s learning how to accept a credit card or how to analyze the data that comes out of the process.
Back to top