Merchant Accounting Analyst
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Processing costs play a big role in payments and businesses of all sizes rely on Braintree to get them their money. Merchant Accounting Analysts help our customers make sense of the funds that we send them, down to the last penny. Your role will be to assist merchants by helping them understand the tools and reports we offer to make bookkeeping a snap, address concerns merchants may have about their pricing, and be the go-to person to answer any question related to, “where’s my money?”
Day in the Life:
- Assist merchants with reconciliation using Braintree’s reporting tools (and your own Excel wizardry!) to understand payout calculations
- Work with merchants and our Finance Teams to ensure pricing is advantageous to both the merchant and Braintree and PayPal
- Work closely with our worldwide banking partners and internal Treasury team with issues related to pricing and/or reconciliation
- Be the subject matter expert on interchange and fees
Respond to inbound merchant emails and phone calls, fully answering merchant questions while anticipating additional needs
Beyond the day-to-day:
- Help to continually improve both internal and external reconciliation guides and resources
- Identify trends in processing costs to help merchants reduce their expenses and make the most out of their processing experience with Braintree
- Offer insight as a stakeholder with our Reporting and Treasury Product teams to make enhancements to the merchant experience
- Continuously find ways to help us make our internal processes more efficient
- Collaborate with other internal teams to solve any issues we’ve never encountered before
- Be someone who believes in Braintree’s Values of Ask Why, Care, A Lot, and Solve Together
- Must be a self-starter, self-learner, and have unparallelled resourcefulness
- Highly analytical and can work comfortably on data analysis in Excel, often pulling and manipulating raw data from various enterprise-level systems
- Be someone who enjoys solving mathematical quandaries and deciphering puzzles
- Care deeply about precision and getting to the right answer
- Should feel brave leaping into the unknown and always be able to ask why
- Be comfortable with consistent change - agility is key!
- Be someone who loves swimming in solutions versus problems -- You should be someone who spends less time worrying about the problem and more time focusing on how to solve it, no matter how big or small.
- Be comfortable working with merchants of all skill levels, whether they are experienced accountants or a brand new business owner
- Experience in a role that puts you in direct contact with customers or clients
- Possess infinite patience and a desire to turn angry customers into happy ones
- Be a great writer with a keen eye for the nuances of the English language
Back to top