Mega Mid-Market Account Manager
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
MEGA MID-MARKET ACCOUNT MANAGER
Account Managers create meaningful relationships with our clients and find ways to be perpetually one step ahead of their needs. They deliver the optimal merchant experience by providing consultation and insight into payments, processing, and products. As a Mega Mid-Market Account Manager, you will be expected to work across the entire organization and develop deep and meaningful relationships with your merchants and internal Braintree and PayPal partners.
Payments: Grasping this complex, fast-moving industry and helping clients do the same.
Processing: Analyzing transaction data to provide insight into business decisions.
Product: Knowing the Braintree and PayPal solutions from Control Panel to codebase and finding the right fit for merchants.
This requires a dynamic individual with impeccable written and verbal communication skills, a track record of successful project execution, and an unnatural love for solving problems - all while being consultative and entrepreneurial in approach.
Your day will vary depending on requests, as you’ll be on the front line working with merchants. This role will manage some of Braintree’s most important merchants through proactive analysis of their credit card processing and future needs.
- Manage relationship of existing Mid-Market merchants across multiple verticals and channels, acting as a payments consultant and internal advocate for the merchant.
- Develop deep, trusted relationships with merchant stakeholders and executives within portfolio.
- Drive growth of Braintree, PayPal and Venmo product footprint with merchants by covering all sales activities from opportunity identification to discovery and solutions.
- Develop accounts plans, maintain opportunity pipeline, drive Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), share roadmaps and solicit feedback from merchants to drive strong relationships.
- Provide business support through incoming phone calls and emails for merchants.
- Maintain relationships with internal and cross-functional teams to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Provide proactive analysis on processing trends (declines, interchange optimization, chargeback analysis).
- Lead projects as the Account Management Product Expert.
- Organized: At any given time, you juggle multiple time-sensitive inquiries, monitor the health of your merchant portfolio, and work on long-term projects.
- Analytical: You work comfortably on analysis that requires pulling data from various enterprise-level systems.
- Quick learner: You are a curious person who learns in formal training and situational environments but also develops their own deep understanding of how things get done.
- Positive spirit: You thrive in team environments and don’t feel like any task is “below you.”
- Communication: You take time to craft the best response possible because you know efficient and effective client communication is critical to success (you’re also someone who feels physical pain upon seeing misuse of your/you’re). But when the phone rings and there’s no time to edit a draft, you can speak crisply on complex subjects.
- Customer Service: You can tell us the stories about how you turned an angry, churning customer into one that loved you again.
- Sales: You have a proven track record working with clients including pitching cross-sellings of products, negotiating contract renewals and conducting Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Payments experience preferred.
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, KeyNote, Salesforce preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Account Management, Client Relations, Customer Service and/or Sales.
- Some travel required (20%).
Back to top