Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
The Engineering Team:
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space.
At Braintree, developers have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. For example, we’ve written data platforms in Clojure, payment gateways in Java, and contextual commerce in Python. Here’s more:
- Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department – developers test, release and monitor their own code.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
The Sites Team:
The Sites Team is responsible for building all the web properties which represent Braintree to the outside world. Think: our dot com, blog, dev documentation, toolage and more. This group works closely with our marketing & docs team so you can expect to collaborate with various stakeholders across the business. Current focuses revolve around A/B testing, user research, iterative & cross functional work, design driven development, analytics, performance and the list goes on. This team is a mix of devs & product designers, so experience working with these type of job roles & humans is a plus.
What we look for in you:
- Writing clean, well tested code
- Interest in working closely with designers & various stakeholders across the business
- Experience in scaling & creating well architected systems for growth
- Prior experience or desire to work in a very collaborative environment
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Jack works with all of the data that Braintree stores. He uses his engineering skills to collect, sort, analyze, and deliver data and analyses—for both internal use and for Braintree's clientele.
Back to top