Infrastructure Security Engineer
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
The Engineering Team:
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space.
At Braintree, developers have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. For example, we’ve written data platforms in Clojure, payment gateways in Java, and contextual commerce in Python. Here’s more:
- Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department – developers test, release and monitor their own code.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
The Infrastructure Security Engineer’s role is to protect sensitive data and applications in high-scale systems that are growing rapidly. All while striving to provide our teams & merchants with 100% system availability, as we don’t make money unless we’re live and processing payments for our merchants.
Types of projects we work on:
- Building out security monitoring and protection systems across physical and cloud infrastructure
- Enhancing our deployment pipeline to ensure integrity is kept throughout
- Identifying new methods and alerts to feed our 24x7 Security Operations Center
- Working closely with a fast growing infrastructure to enable security capabilities along the way
What we look for in you:
- Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment: open team room, pair programming and fluid interactions with all products and operations teams
- Experience owning infrastructure in production, as well as designing and creating build, deploy and monitoring systems
- Familiarity with managing cloud environments - AWS or other public cloud experience (Azure, Compute, Rackspace Cloud, etc)
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS is a plus.
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Ben writes the code that builds Braintree's products—collaborating with Executives, Partners, and Developments Team to bridge the gap between all three.
Back to top