Inbound SMB Sales Associate
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Inbound SMB Sales Associate
We're looking for an exceptional team player that can sell our payments platform to SMB merchants, while also supporting our Mid Market & Large Enterprise sales teams in data analysis, vetting and correspondence with prospects. This position will be specifically for our North American merchant sales efforts and this role could lay the foundation to a career on our sales team. While in this role on the Inbound SMB Sales team, you'll learn the ins and outs of our complex business while building the knowledge you need to launch into a sales executive role.
The SMB Sales Associate primarily provides sales guidance to prospects by detailing product features, answering questions and acting as the point of contact throughout the sales process, while delivering on team established KPI's. Daily activities include email/phone communication, staying abreast of product/feature updates, revenue analysis and pricing negotiation. Ideally, we're looking for someone with experience in business development/sales, preferably with a technology focus.
- Provide expert advice and consultation for interested prospects on Braintree’s technology capabilities, product features and benefits
- Manage multiple channels of communication in a high volume environment
- Act as the advocate and liaison for prospects throughout the underwriting process, including providing recommendations for changes in business model and processes
- Vet and qualify potential leads for the Mid-Market and Large Enterprise sales teams
- Keep track of activities in Salesforce.com, including status updates and notes
- Review weekly and monthly revenue numbers in Salesforce.com
- 1+ years experience in sales, B2B technology sales experience preferred
- High attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Confident communicator with excellent verbal and written ability
- Must be highly organized, easily adaptable and self-motivated
- Familiarity with the start-up ecosystem and the technology sector
- Previous experience working with a CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Experience in the payments industry a strong plus
- A desire to be a part of a sales team at a growing company
Back to top