Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
About the Role:
We're looking for an exceptional candidate who will be responsible for risk monitoring, fraud investigating, and reviewing merchant activity. Self-management is key to success in this position on this expanding team. Our strong preference is 2-4 years experience in merchant services specifically in fraud management, underwriting, charge-back/retrieval responses, dispute resolution and card compliance in a CNP/internet merchant based environment.
- Monitor and investigate merchants’ credit card processing activities using internal and external risk monitoring tools
- Answer internal inquiries and merchant’s inquiries with regard to Risk Management and Charge-back issues.
- Ensure that efficient and quality services are delivered to both internal and external customers that meet or exceed agreed service standards
- Contact banks to verify transactions processed through merchant accounts.
- Manage and processing all retrieval requests received and fulfilled for the Card Schemes on behalf of Braintree merchants
- Track and ensure that all retrieval requests are fulfilled within specific timeframes
- Complete fulfillment and re-presentment for all chargebacks ensuring all transactions are identified and handled
- Complete chargeback investigations as necessary to ensure compliance with the Card Scheme rules
- Perform other risk related duties as assigned
- 1+ years in the merchant services industry with experience specific to fraud and risk preferred, but not required
- A self-starter who has a detective-ish streak and a hunger for answers
- High attention to detail
- Experience working with various transaction & risk systems (computer)
- A team player (we believe in “we” vs. “I”)
- A virtuous type: the words honesty, good deeds, kindness, and appreciation shouldn’t be foreign to you
- A risk-identifying problem solver: you believe that nothing can’t be solved and improved
- An economic crime fighter
Back to top