Evening Technical Support Team Leader
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share -- or the condo you rented this weekend -- without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The Evening Technical Support Team Leader position supports the team that provides first-touch technical support to our merchants, via email and phone. We're looking for a highly organized go-getter who wants to delight our customers by delivering accurate and quick assistance while maintaining Braintree’s white-glove service experience. As a Team Lead, you'll lead and motivate a group of Support Specialists. You'll be expected to provide feedback on support cases, work with the Support leadership team to address knowledge gaps, and work with the Head of Support to execute new team strategies.
- Motivate, lead, and coach a team of Support Specialists
- Be a go-to person for our Support team as we interact with merchants through phone calls, email, and other channels
- Serve as escalation point for Specialists when handling difficult cases
- QA support cases weekly, monitor agent performance, conduct one on one meetings and performance reviews
- Handle staffing responsibilities for team by creating and maintaining schedule
- Assist in recruiting and development of support team as a whole
- Provide hands on support in the queue, particularly during high volume periods
- Provide specialists with timely feedback (positive and constructive) regarding their performance
- Leverage coaching, training, and development practices to improve teammate skills and performance
- Create an environment where teammates feel valued and enjoy their jobs
- Lead continuous process improvement and change management to enhance the merchant experience
- Help synthesize and deliver communication between morning, day and night shifts.
- Must be a self-starter, self-learner, and have resourcefulness that puts MacGyver and Olivia Pope to shame.
- Experience leading teams in direct contact with customers or clients
- Ability to work autonomously with a high level of responsibility.
- Love and understanding of technology, whether it be hardware, software, or other emerging technologies.
- Should feel brave leaping into the unknown and always be able to ask why.
- Be comfortable with consistent change - agility is key!
- Be a great writer with a keen eye for the nuances of the English language.
- Extremely organized and efficient
- Flexibility with work hours including some weekends, holidays, and days
- Possess infinite patience and a desire to turn angry customers into happy ones
- Would rather swim in solutions than problems.
- The evening role will work 4pm-12am -- but don’t worry, we’ll take great care of you with nightly food, transportation benefits, and fun.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Lisa consults with the merchants on the Braintree platform and helps them with all of their needs—whether it’s learning how to accept a credit card or how to analyze the data that comes out of the process.
Back to top