Director of Product Management - Product Efficiency & Delivery
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Braintree has experienced explosive growth over the past few years. As its customers have grown and expanded, so too have the complexities and interdependencies of Braintree’s product portfolio. As a result we are seeking a seasoned Product Management lead to pull together our teams to deliver on our major, multi-disciplinary, global technology efforts.
This individual must also have a strong business orientation and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams. They must possess a proven ability to work with existing applications and processes and successfully migrate or interface those with newer technologies.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Product Management, the Director of Product Management - Product Efficiency & Delivery will have the following responsibilities:
- Translate business objectives and product strategy into execution strategy (tactical and strategic) and product roadmap.
- Lead the execution of the strategy through strong collaboration with product and engineering leaders.
- Drive the rollout of major organizational updates, strategic changes, and updated roadmap with Braintree products and technology teams, Braintree stakeholders, extended PayPal stakeholders and regional heads.
- Develop periodic updates and read outs on product delivery progress for all strategic and product initiatives based on audience.
- Drive and manage forums for check-ins with product teams as well as stakeholders.
- Design and staff a world-class program management organization leveraging both internal and external candidates required to execute a successful TPM function.
- Provide end to end plans for major Braintree/Paypal initiatives and product offering that ensures measurability, ongoing sustainability and rapid growth.
- Work with multiple delivery teams to ensure high quality and high fidelity of portfolio/roadmap/initiatives planning and delivery for major cross functional product and programs.
- Develop trusted relationships with key technology and functional leaders & stakeholders to drive focus on the strategic program objectives and optimize program delivery. This includes supporting and holding resources accountable for their responsibilities within the program.
- Partner closely with PayPal PMO teams to create a symbiotic relationship based on trust and transparency.
- Ensure data is collected to appropriately inform decision making for mitigating risks and resolving issues.
- Utilize internal tools and upgrade to new tools to ensure planning and execution efficiency that is inline with our agile and iterative mindset.
- Create a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and learning; promotes continuous improvement and drives the transition to making Braintree a highly effective outcome driven products organization.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering on program objectives.
- Drive for clarity to keep teams moving forward.
- Provide “go to” leadership, transparency and visibility to the entire Technology & Products organization.
- Work in very close partnership with the Head of Product Management and upon occasion represent the voice of the PM Leadership team.
- 10+ years of strong program management experience.
- Thorough understanding of product development processes and lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using iterative methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of technologies and products required to bring payments solutions to market at scale and globally.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, account management, software engineering and customer support.
- Experience as a Product Manager and/or roles in engineering is mandatory.
- Experience framing, establishing and implementing large-scale (enterprise-level) change initiatives.
- A service oriented minded person who is a customer champion
- Outstanding communication skills, permitting complex technical matters to be understood by business professionals
- Balances technical and commercial acumen; able to communicate “what is possible” and what will have the biggest impact on the business
- Able to articulate and manage to key OKRs and use metrics to drive performance and provide data in support of key decisions
- Sees the “bigger picture” and understands how Braintree and PayPal can benefit from a more coordinated program management function
- Stays abreast of key competitor actions and their implications or threats to the business
Executing for Results
- Prepares realistic estimates of resource requirements (e.g., budget, headcount) needed to accomplish team objectives
- Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, and taking initiative to resolve problems; holds internal stakeholders accountable where appropriate
- Capable of executing short-term (tactical) and long term (strategic) plans
- Able to demonstrate examples of strategic enterprise-wide solutions that were conceptualized & rolled out across a division/enterprise
- Ability to drive the execution of multiple cross-company initiatives and analyses and deliver quality work on time with multiple, competing priorities
- Defines and translates a vision into actionable plans
- Build and lead a team of experts in technical program management and project delivery
Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Have a high emotional intelligence that lends itself to working with a wide range of people converting stressful situations to calm objective conversations
- Ability to influence and achieve alignment across a range of different opinions and interests
- Strong communication, listening, and negotiation skills; able to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner
- Develops loyalty and commitment in others by articulating an appealing vision for the future, communicating high expectations, developing and mentoring direct reports, and setting an example in one’s own behavior
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Ben writes the code that builds Braintree's products—collaborating with Executives, Partners, and Developments Team to bridge the gap between all three.
Back to top