Director of Product Management
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Director of Product Management:
Braintree has experienced explosive growth over the past few years and as its customers have grown and expanded, so to have the complexities and interdependencies of Braintree’s product portfolio. As a result we are seeking a seasoned Product Management leader to deliver on our major, multi-disciplinary, global technology efforts.
This individual must also have a strong business orientation and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams. He/She will possess a proven ability to work with existing applications and processes and successfully migrate or interface those with newer technologies.
Reporting directly to the Head of Product Management, this role will have the additional responsibilities:
- Translate business objectives into execution strategy (tactical and strategic), lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership.
- Design and staff a world-class organization leveraging both internal and external candidates required to execute a successful TPM strategy
- Provide go to market plans for major Braintree/Paypal initiatives and product offering that ensures measurability, ongoing sustainability and rapid growth
- Work with multiple delivery teams to take ownership and accountability of technical project planning and delivery for major cross functional product and infrastructure build out programs.
- Develop trusted relationships with key technology and functional leaders & stakeholders to drive focus on the strategic program objectives and optimize program delivery. This includes supporting and holding resources accountable for their responsibilities within the program.
- Ensure data is collected to appropriately inform decision making for mitigating risks and resolving issues.
- Utilize internal tools and iterative mindset to create a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and learning; promotes continuous improvement.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering on program objectives.
- Drive for clarity to keep teams moving forward.
- Provide “go to” leadership, transparency and visibility to the entire organization.
Success in this role comes from strong product leadership and delivery at the intersection of the Team, Product & Business
What we look for in you:
- 10+ years of strong product management experience with at least 5 years in in execution of tech related projects preferably in an agile software development environment.
- Experience as a Product Manager and/or product management is mandatory.
- Thorough understanding of technologies and products required to bring payments solutions to market at scale and globally
- Proven track record of getting things done and done well with lots of examples of projects you've spearheaded.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Thorough understanding of product development processes and lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using iterative methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- A service oriented attitude of “Customer First”, curiosity in all things, and a hunger for knowledge.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, account management, software engineering and customer support.
- Outstanding communication skills, permitting complex technical matters to be understood by business professionals
- Balances technical and commercial acumen; able to communicate “what is possible” and what will have the biggest impact on the business
- Able to understand the direction of commerce experiences online and offline and define a product direction to maximize for impact on Braintree’s goals
- Able to define key OKRs and use metrics to drive performance and provide data in support of key decisions
- Stays abreast of key competitor actions and their implications or threats to the business
Executing for Results
- Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, and taking initiative to resolve problems; holds internal stakeholders accountable where appropriate
- Able to demonstrate examples of strategic enterprise-wide solutions that were conceptualized & rolled out across a division/enterprise
- Able to manage product delivery across multiple product development teams to ensure all short-term(tactical) and long term (strategic) plans stay on track
- Drive a culture of agile and outcome driven product management
- Ability to lead people and build teams for excellence in product management and delivery.
- Defines and translates a vision into actionable plans
- Build and lead a team of stellar product managers
Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Ability to influence and achieve alignment across a range of different opinions and interests
- Strong communication, listening, and negotiation skills; able to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner
- Develops loyalty and commitment in others by articulating an appealing vision for the future, communicating high expectations, developing and mentoring direct reports, and setting an example in one’s own behavior
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Lisa consults with the merchants on the Braintree platform and helps them with all of their needs—whether it’s learning how to accept a credit card or how to analyze the data that comes out of the process.
Back to top