Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
We’re looking for someone to join the first line of defense on the Braintree credit & risk organization. Working as gatekeepers for new merchant accounts, our Credit Analysts handle the merchant application review and onboarding process.
Ideally a candidate will have 1-2 years of credit analysis work experience related to merchant services underwriting and/or commercial lending, although we are also open to college hires. The ability to exercise sound judgment and be resourceful in all aspects of your work process are imperative to success as a Braintree Credit Analyst.
- Review incoming application packages for compliance with internal and external policies
- Analyze bank statements and/or financial statements to assess merchant credit risk
- Prepare and present credit packages for new applications and periodic reviews for approval
- Work closely with the Sales and Account Management teams to collect additional merchant information and explain decision rationales if needed
- Assist with bank partner related work and geographic market expansion
- Update internal documentation on process updates, industry trends, and credit policies
- Stay current on merchant industry trends specific to the businesses we support
- Serve as the first line of defense against merchant fraud
- 1-2 years of credit analysis work experience related to merchant services underwriting and/or commercial lending preferred, college hires considered
- Working knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis
- Experience in preparing credit approval packages a plus, but not required
- The ability to quickly form an opinion and communicate the thought process behind it verbally and in writing
- An analytical team player who loves to evaluate degrees of financial risk
- A highly-curious individual who wants to get to the source of anything even the least bit fishy
- A top-notch inspector and investigator
- A do-er, someone who is obsessed with details and getting things right
- An individual with strong organizational skills and comfort with managing multiple work streams
- A strong collaborator with previous experience liaising between various departments and persons
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Lisa consults with the merchants on the Braintree platform and helps them with all of their needs—whether it’s learning how to accept a credit card or how to analyze the data that comes out of the process.
Back to top