Business Operations Associate
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Business Operations Associate
Braintree continues to grow at tremendous rates and the business operations function is helping scale our operations. As the second hire on the team, this is an opportunity to shape the function while adding value across growing teams. The projects span across the organization and the team reports directly into the COO.
The Business Operations Associate is responsible for working with our Operations, Data, Product, Marketing, Sales and Finance teams to solve some of the most challenging business initiatives. Example projects include driving efficiency or margin initiatives at Braintree, PayPal, Venmo or other entities within the PayPal umbrella. The successful candidate is very interested in scaling organizations, has a strong bias for action and thinks big.
Partner with Operations department leads (managers, team leads, and analysts) to help craft strategy, monitor & achieve annual targets. Examples may include:
- Develop and implement performance metrics. Work closely to track and manage reporting cadence, monitor & review business performance
- Work with functional leads to drive the P&L, budget, headcount planning
- Develop operations team roadmaps
- Identify and drive initiatives on system / process improvements & organizational structure changes
- Work with other PayPal entities to improve integration across operational departments
- Lead cross-functional projects to make data driven decisions on the business. You’ll be responsible for leading projects through the entire lifecycle. Examples include:
- Product profitability, pricing and performance analysis
- Financial Reporting on company level performance & 3rd party service providers
- Leverage project management and analytical skills to resolve high visibility, business critical projects requiring rapid resolution.
- Work with business owners to develop external facing presentations, including board meetings, customers, service providers and other entities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, MIS, or Business Administration
- 2+ years in management consulting
- Financial modeling, data analysis, and the ability to leverage data analysis to drive sound decision-making
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is a requirement
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Experience in Payments industry
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience with Salesforce.com, SQL, and Tableau is a plus
- Innovative, self-motivated, collaborative, and capable of dealing with complex interpersonal dynamics
Meet Some of Braintree's Employees
Ben writes the code that builds Braintree's products—collaborating with Executives, Partners, and Developments Team to bridge the gap between all three.
Back to top