Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Our API Specialists leverage their technical prowess and in-depth product knowledge to assist our merchants with seamless API integrations into our SDK. While you don’t need to be a seasoned developer, you should be comfortable writing code, building API integrations, and running point on complex data migrations. You’ll be the first point of escalation for the more complicated technical issues that reach our support team, so you’ll often find yourself in the thick of conversations with developers from many of our different product teams - be prepared to learn a lot! Skills you might pick up include basic networking diagnostics, writing efficient search queries, and sleuthing through our extensive gateway code.
Beyond the technical skill-set, we are looking for someone who can delight our merchants with promptness, thoroughness, accuracy and even the occasional pun.
Examples of work you’ll be doing:
- Assist merchants integrating with the Braintree API; you’ll be an expert in our best practices. We offer client libraries in Ruby, Python, Java, .NET, PHP, and Node.js. You won’t be familiar with all these on Day 1, but over time you will add more languages to your tool-belt
- Field support inquiries from developers and business users about account integration and the payments features we offer to best serve a merchant platform and their customers
- Diving in and debugging web services by building custom example integrations and experiment with merchant problems
- Run point on merchant data migrations into our systems in a way that is least disruptive to their business and workflow
- Spot problems and trends in support tickets, and work with our developers to improve existing workflows
What we look for in you:
- Solid understanding of at least one programming language and capability to take that knowledge and build a simple web app that uses our API
- Must be a self-starter. Those that require a playbook need not apply
- 1+ year experience in a technical or support role that puts you in direct contact with merchants or customers
- Willingness to spin up a Digital Ocean or EC2 instance to test network connectivity or integration issues
- Resourcefulness that puts Angus MacGuyver to shame
- Someone who possess infinite patience and devotion to their contacts … and someone who is secure in their ping-pong abilities. Watch out. You might get schooled.
Back to top