Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Our API Support Specialists, AKA API Supportreeps, leverage their technical prowess and in-depth product knowledge to assist our merchants with seamless API integrations into our SDK. While you don’t need to be a seasoned developer, you should be comfortable writing code, building API integrations, and running point on complex data migrations. You’ll be the first point of escalation for the more complicated technical issues that reach our support team, so you’ll often find yourself in the thick of conversations with developers from many of our different product teams - be prepared to learn a lot! Skills you might pick up include writing and troubleshooting in multiple programming languages, writing efficient search queries, diagnosing issues with the complex web that is the Internet, and sleuthing through our extensive gateway code. After comprehensive training on Braintree’s products and technical integration methods, you should be excited to play a pivotal role in supporting and maintaining the day-to- day operations of our diverse customer base.
Day in the Life:
- Answering Inbound Tickets: Assist merchants integrating with the Braintree API; you’ll be an expert in our best practices. We offer client libraries in Ruby, Python, Java, .NET, PHP, and Node.js. You won’t be familiar with all these on Day 1, but over time you will add more languages to your toolbelt.
- Guide merchants through challenging technical integrations: you’ll be debugging web services, building custom example integrations and experimenting with merchant problems.
- Data migrations: Braintree allows merchants to securely transfer their stored customer credit card data among PCI compliant providers. In this role, you’d run point on merchant data migrations into our systems in a way that is least disruptive to merchant businesses and workflows, including complex data munging and mapping.
- Collaborating across teams: We use our internal chat tool, Slack, to crowdsource answers to tough questions that come from our merchants and to serve as a technical knowledge hub for other teams. API Supportreeps collaborate with teams across the organization daily to solve technical issues and provide valuable context and feedback to our product teams about our SDKs.
- Extras: Once an API Supportreep is comfortable in the day-to- day, there are a number of opportunities to contribute to the team and their own development in other ways. This can include facilitating training, shadowing product teams, building and maintaining internal tools, and mentoring.
Beyond the day-to- day:
- Asking Why every day to see how we can help improve the Braintree experience
by being product stakeholders and by providing feedback often.
- Caring a Lot about the merchant experience by providing next-level solutions to merchants and developers through email and occasional phone communication.
- Solving Together by collaborating daily with teammates to spot problems and trends in support tickets, and work with our developers to improve existing workflows.
- Be someone who believes in Braintree’s Values of Ask Why, Care, A Lot, and
- Must be a self-starter, self-learner, and have unparallelled resourcefulness.
- Be someone who loves swimming in solutions versus problems -- You should be someone who spends less time worrying about the problem and more time focusing on how to solve it.
- Solid understanding of at least one programming language and capability to take that knowledge and build a simple web app that uses our API.
- Willingness to spin up a Digital Ocean or EC2 instance to test network connectivity or integration issues.
- Possess infinite patience and a desire to turn angry customers into happy ones.
- Should feel brave leaping into the unknown and always be able to ask why.
- Be comfortable with consistent change - agility is key!
- Ability to work autonomously with a high level of responsibility.
- Be a great writer with a keen eye for the nuances of the English language.
Back to top