Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space.
At Braintree, developers have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. For example, we’ve written data platforms in Clojure, payment gateways in Java, and contextual commerce in Python. Here’s more:
- Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department – developers test, release and monitor their own code.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
Developer Experience Team:
The Developer Experience (DX) team develops and maintains the tools merchants use to integrate with Braintree. The team handles client SDKs (iOS/Android/JS), server libraries, and backend services that help them run. Usability is our core mission. We build to unobtrusively live within our merchants’ codebases, and take their payments experiences to the vanguard of emerging technology and trends. We value repeatability - we release well-documented tools that work just as well years from now as they do today.
Current focuses include building out new payment methods, exploring new forms of server library interactions, infrastructure work to improve our global reach, and automation to scale our efforts to an ever-growing audience.
What we look for in you:
- Experience working on Android projects
- Experience with (or an interest in) building SDKs and tools that fit seamlessly into a wide variety of applications and environments
- A track record of shipping products focused on delivering usable, delightful experiences that meet and exceed the needs of end users
- Exposure to backend services and infrastructure
- A keen interest in mobile and other technology platforms and keeping up to date as they evolve
- An enthusiasm for learning different languages and frameworks, and enthusiasm for teaching what you know to others
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
Back to top