Senior Property Acountant
Bozzuto Management Company is an award-winning property management company in the Baltimore/Washington metro area and along the east coast. Joining Bozzuto can put you on a management track to thrive and grow in the real estate industry.
Bozzuto Management Company is seeking a Senior Residential Property Accountant based in our Greenbelt, MD corporate office. The Senior Accountant will be a valuable and visible contributor to the Accounting Department, by fulfilling daily accounting tasks, reviewing monthly financial packages and mentoring property accountants.
- Review financial packages of assigned property accountants to ensure accuracy
- Train, develop and mentor assigned staff accountants
- Maintain all aspects of accounting responsibility for 4- 6 properties including:
- Preparation of monthly financial information in accordance with owner deadlines and requirements.
- Forecasting cash flow.
- Analysis of monthly financial statements.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Initiate monthly payments for debt service, owner distributions, etc.
- Calculation of monthly management fees and other fees.
- Monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Resolution of problems and issues as needed.
- Responsible for cash management of assets including determination of what can be paid weekly. Cash management includes communication on all items involving cash shortfalls and cash surpluses that involve capital calls or distributions to owners.
- Responsible for making all real estate tax and insurance payments timely to avoid late payments and penalties.
- Communicate with property owners and personnel as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and maintain effective internal controls.
- Work as a team player in evaluating and resolving discrepancies, as needed.
- Identify and implement process improvement.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Meet Some of Bozzuto's Employees
Sales & Marketing Associate
In addition to coordinating sales and marketing activities for the community, Kirkland plays a key role in maintaining resident happiness by planning fun community events, resolving resident issues, and providing exceptional customer service.
Back to top