Residential Property Accountant
At Bozzuto, it's all about experience. Whether it's the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we've been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
Bozzuto Management Company is seeking a Residential Property Accountant based in our Greenbelt, MD corporate office. Our Property Accountants perform daily accounting and financial reporting activities for assigned properties.
As a Property Accountant, your primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain all aspects of accounting responsibility for at least 6 properties including:
- Preparation of monthly financial information in accordance with owner deadlines and requirements
- Forecasting cash flow
- Analysis of monthly financial statements
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Initiate monthly payments for debt service, owner distributions, etc.
- Calculation of monthly management fees and other fees
- Monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation
- Resolution of problems and issues as needed
- Responsible for cash management of assets including determination of what can be paid weekly. Cash management includes communication on all items involving cash shortfalls and cash surplus' that involve capital calls or distributions to owners
- Responsible for making all real estate tax and insurance payments timely to avoid late payments and penalties.
- Research problems under the direction of the immediate supervisor as required
- Communicate with property owners and personnel as necessary
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and maintain effective internal controls
- Work as a team player in evaluating and resolving discrepancies, as needed
- Identify and implement process improvement
- Perform additional duties as assigned
What You Bring to Us:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Excellent customer service skills and communication
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask efficiently and independently
- High degree of responsibility and initiative with the desire to advance beyond this position
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and relate effectively, productively, and positively with other Associates and owner contacts
- Dependable, punctual, and reliable with a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of or ability to learn property management accounting processes, including use of any industry specific software.
- Typing and data entry skills
- Ability to use a 10-key calculator accurately by touch
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and accounting systems
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required
- Two years of previous accounting experience
- Previous experience with Yardi or Yardi Voyager
Meet Some of Bozzuto's Employees
Sales & Marketing Associate
Rocio's position entails assisting future residents in finding their perfect apartment home. She oversees the customer journey, from the time they express interest in a tour to the time they move in and beyond.
Back to top