Property Manager - Arlington, Virginia
Bozzuto is seeking a dynamic, hospitality focused General Manager/Property Manager with retail property management experience for an urban mixed use property in the Arlington, Virginia area. The ideal candidate leads with a passion that inspires her or his team to deliver a customer experience unparalleled in the market. The GM/PM is in effect, the “Mayor” of the mixed use asset and to that end facilitates operational excellence (including but not limited to the direction of the day-to-day activities of loss prevention, risk management, marketing, safety/security, maintenance, landscaping, snow removal and tenant build-out). They are an inspirational leader of people and deliver bottom line results with pride and precision.
- Full financial responsibility for assigned mixed-use asset including but not limited to: budgeting, reforecasting, and achieving and/or exceeding net operating income.
- Preparation and timely submission to owners of monthly consolidated, residential and retail operational reports, variance and trends reports and narrative reports as requested by ownership.
- Expert understanding of management contract and various lease terms, residential, commercial and retail. Ensures compliance with lease requirements including operating requirements, hours of operation and use clauses.
- Assure the proper set up and termination of leases, the proper management of payables and receivables and the timely calculation, billing and receipt of operating expense escalations and CAM recoveries.
- Ensures effective cost control and profitability for mixed-use asset. Identifies problem areas and proactively works to improve performance .
- Manages rent collection process, tracks aged receivables and works with lease administration to implement aged receivables process.
- Risk Management to include monitoring and managing property, tenant and vendor insurance requirements; claims processing; building security and preventative maintenance, life safety policies and employee safety, OSHA, crime statistics.
- Hires and retains the best industry talent.
- Inspires team to effectively execute sales, marketing, and operational activities that yield desired occupancy and customer retention goals.
- Establishes and maintains a pro-active approach to employee motivation, training and development.
- Cultivates and maintains strong, loyal relationships with all constituents – owners, residents, employees and vendors.
- Is an expert in competitive marketplace and effectively coaches’ team to proficiency in differentiating the community from competition.
Marketing and Brand Management:
- Coordinates with Retail Marketing to insure that all programs are consistently innovative, targeted and effective, the budget well prepared and executed, graphic quality and consistency maintained and true to the branding and vision of the asset.
- Creates a residential operating environment that assures consistent guest excellence.
- Ensures community is a destination for those seeking luxury apartment living and/or green living options.
- Maintains a high quality exterior environment that provides best in class property management standards designed to create a sense of place, enhance both the resident and retail customer experience and exceed its expectations.
- Ensures first class standards are met and/or exceeded for retail space (i.e.: signage, visual displays, lighting, and windows).
- Coordinates with Retail Marketing to insure that all programs are consistently innovative, targeted and effective, the budget well prepared and executed, graphic quality and consistency maintained and true to the branding and vision of the asset. Works with Retail Marketing to develop and manage marketing and advertising programs at the center.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the local community. Has good working knowledge of political and regulatory changes that may impact center operations. Takes corrective action and informs others as needed.
- Finds ways to leverage LEED certifications.
Meet Some of Bozzuto's Employees
Sales & Marketing Associate
In addition to coordinating sales and marketing activities for the community, Kirkland plays a key role in maintaining resident happiness by planning fun community events, resolving resident issues, and providing exceptional customer service.
Back to top