Maintenance and Engineering Project Manager
Maintenance and Engineering Project Manager
At Bozzuto, it's all about experience. Whether it's the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we've been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
Bozzuto Management Company, who manages an institutionally owned real estate portfolio valued at over nine billion dollars is seeking a Maintenance and Engineering Project Manager to join the Maintenance and Engineering Services team. This is a dynamic opportunity where you can have a major impact and an amazing experience right from the start.
The Maintenance and Engineering Project Manager is responsible for initiating and/or assisting in the design, purchase, installation and commissioning of building infrastructure as well as capital repairs and upgrades for both equipment and building site, shell and interiors. The Project Manager may be responsible for project scope definition, requirements gathering, budget development/administration, resource scheduling, vendor/contractor management, documentation/reporting, construction, installation, and commissioning. The Maintenance and Engineering Project Manager will assist in the identification of plant operations efficiency initiatives and the planning and implementation of innovative solutions. They will also take part in capital expenditure planning for sites in an assigned portfolio, as well as review scope and language for RFP and contracts outside of project management responsibilities. .
As the Maintenance and Engineering Project Manager, your primary responsibilities include:
- Manage capital and other projects relating to site infrastructure, utilities, building site/shell/interiors.
- Assist in constructing site capital expenditure and operational budgets to ensure spending complies with approved allocations and timelines.
- Help identify and correct areas of deficiency in regards to life safety, plant operations, and building site/shell, including any associated parking structures.
- Work with regional and site maintenance teams to drive best practice sharing across an assigned portfolio.
- Directly or indirectly monitor the work of on-site contractors to ensure compliance with Bozzuto rules and regulations as well as applicable codes/standards and are adhering to specified timelines pertaining to projects under your management.
- Integrate knowledge transfer requirements into assigned projects.
- Provide updates to AutoCAD drawings and any other applicable documentation to site staff as necessary.
- May provide technical input and options to improve efficiency, safety and resident experience.
- May provide technical input and options to improve efficiency and safety in the operations, maintenance, repair, and procurement of site infrastructure.
- May directly train or coordinate training for Regional Maintenance Managers, Site Maintenance Managers and Technicians on the proper operations and equipment.
- Assist in generating user requirement specifications and scope of work for new equipment and/or capital repairs.
- May assist in the generation of written operating procedures (corporate and site) for new or existing processes/procedures/equipment.
- May assist the Regional Maintenance team or site Service Managers with writing operational and/or PM procedures for any new or existing equipment.
- Enforce and adhere to all safety and other Bozzuto procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist in generating weekly, monthly, and yearly reports capturing status of projects, expenses incurred, cost savings, etc.
What You Bring to Us:
As a Bozzuto Project Manager, we seek out people with a strong background in leading and motivating teams. In short, you care. Ideally, you should be well-versed and comfortable communicating and presenting to external clients and groups with a career background in all areas of planning, managing and overseeing a complex project. While we would ideally prefer someone with a degree, we are open to candidates who can show equivalent work experience in Facilities Management with a focus in Engineering.
- BA/BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline with a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible work experience initiating/managing projects in a commercial or multi-family residential environment or AA/AS Degree and a minimum of 10 years of related work experience in a similar discipline is required.
- An in-depth understanding of electrical, mechanical, welding and general construction systems as applied to commercial real estate or multi-family housing is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills and time management skills are imperative.
- Sound computer proficiency is required (MS Office including Visio and Project).
- AutoCAD experience is strongly preferred. Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and physical plan P&ID;'s is required.
- Travel is required for this role, and may be up to 50% of the time depending on project load.
Meet Some of Bozzuto's Employees
Assistant Property Manager
As an Assistant Property Manager, Sunny manages and oversees delinquency, apartment leasing, and resident retention activities. She also steps in to assume the role of Property Manager in their absence.
Back to top