Director of Payroll Systems, Compensation & Benefits
Director of Payroll Systems, Compensation & Benefits
At Bozzuto, it's all about experience. Whether it's the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we've been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
The Director of Payroll Systems, Compensation & Benefits is responsible for the overall strategy, implementation and oversight of the organization's benefits, payroll and HRIS systems. The Director reports to the SVP of HR and works collaboratively with senior HR staff and the executive team. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the company's compliance with all internal policies and external state, federal and international regulations. S/he manages high level relationships with outsourced providers, consultants, insurance carriers and other vendors. The Director is the business owner for Bozzuto's HRIS, and works closely with colleagues in IT to ensure the system is optimized to meet HR and business needs. In addition, the incumbent will operate as a key partner and resource to the entire Human Resources team and internal clients.
As the Director of Payroll Systems, Compensation & Benefits, your primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee daily payroll operations and serve as the subject matter expert on payroll matters
- Create and improve payroll processes to ensure efficiencies in the department
- Manage systems updates, processes and functionality of payroll systems
- Maintain and manage payroll vendor relationships
- Partner with HR leadership and information technology to manage the delivery and utilization of the company's HRIS resources including system and business requirements, the design and implementation of HRIS solutions, oversight of HRIS best practices.
- Direct and manage the analysis of HR data and metrics on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including comparisons to benchmarks, to provide relevant information to HR and organizational leadership in support of business objectives.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the full suite of benefits offerings including vendor negotiation and selection, budget analysis and modeling, staff communication and training. Negotiate and contract with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors and consultants for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Ensure appropriate oversight of the administration of the health and welfare plans, which include medical, dental, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, Section 125 cafeteria plan, 401(k) and non-qualified executive retirement plans ( Deferred Compensation), including vendors and third-party administrators.
- Partner with benefits staff, accounting team and internal and external auditors during annual 401(k) plan audit to ensure auditors have information and resources required to complete audits in a timely manner.
- Design and oversee implementation of program goals and objectives in all areas of compensation to include developing appropriate career structures, salary administration tools and merit and award policies and procedures.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures; strategize and recommend plan revisions as well as new plans which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and institutional objectives.
- Oversee and manage the participation in salary surveys to ensure compensation objectives are achieved.
- Keep apprised of federal, state, local and international compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate and provide internal consulting resources to senior HR staff and organizational senior management in support of staff compensation strategies. Partner with senior leadership to clearly communicate compensation, salary and merit policies and procedures.
What You Bring to Us:
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience managing benefits and compensation programs, and in human resources management leadership role.
- Minimum of five years of supervisory/management experience including experience managing performance, providing feedback and mentoring staff through career development advice and counsel.
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing, implementing and communicating creative and successful rewards programs.
- Experience selecting and managing external brokers/vendors and other key stakeholders.
- Experience managing and working with HRIS.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with employees and managers at all levels, including proven ability to influence senior leaders.
- Excellent oral communication skills with prior experience in positions requiring communication with a broad and diverse audience.
- Excellent written communications skills; proven skill in tailoring messages to audiences that range from staff to leadership. Able to convey technical information to layperson audiences.
- Strong business partnering/consulting skills, and business and financial acumen.
- A high achiever with leadership track record.
- Decisive and focused, understands what needs to be done and moves quickly to that end.
- Initiative to investigate and proceed with new ideas, projects or process improvements.
- Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action. Strong mathematical and analytical capabilities required.
- Occasional travel to satellite offices.
Meet Some of Bozzuto's Employees
Sales & Marketing Associate
Rocio's position entails assisting future residents in finding their perfect apartment home. She oversees the customer journey, from the time they express interest in a tour to the time they move in and beyond.
Back to top