Construction Safety Coordinator Internship
Bozzuto is a privately held, real estate services company that specializes in Property Management, Construction, Development and Homebuilding. Our vision of being the best real estate company in the country is inspired by the empowered execution of our more than 2000 talented team members to create extraordinary experiences of home and community. Bozzuto Construction Company is one of the Mid-Atlantics’ fastest growing general contractors specializing in complicated urban infill high-rise and mixed-use projects. We also have expertise in retail, assisted and senior living, renovations, and affordable apartments, as well as experience with hotel and healthcare projects. We have been recognized as a 2016 Top Workplace by the Washington Post and we are a multi-year winner of the Washington Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” award. Put your passion to work on a career journey with Bozzuto!
The Only Coffee You’ll Be Fetching Is Your Own.
Have a fun, hands-on learning experience within a multi-family construction environment. Our 12-week internship mirrors our Safety Coordinator role that is responsible for:
- Planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of health, safety, and environmental programs to assure the highest degree of safety for our employees, customers, and the public.
Develop your industry expertise and participate in helping lead daily safety initiatives with multiple project teams and subcontractor personnel.
What you’ll learn and have an Opportunities to Demonstrate:
- Ensure all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, rules, and codes are observed.
- Monitor and implement updates in safety regulations, laws, or reporting requirements.
- Manage OSHA recordkeeping, reporting, and employee training requirements.
- Provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations.
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and report accidents; review property and injury reports.
- Develop/implement safety training for new employee orientation and required programs.
- Coordinate the purchasing of essential safety supplies, products, or training items.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, and conduct onsite inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Help develop controls for identified hazards, and coordinate the implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system’s policies, and procedures, and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate workplace accidents and injuries.
Meet Some of Bozzuto's Employees
As a project engineer, Mo processes requests for information, submittals, and permit applications and helps facilitate the construction permits—he also manages the subcontractors on site.
Back to top