Construction Executive - Boston Metro Area
Bozzuto Construction is one of the Mid-Atlantic's fastest-growing general contractors. New clients and projects constantly come to us because of our dedication to the details in building excellence and our reputation for doing business with integrity. We treat our people with the same amount of respect. Here, you'll work alongside great people and have an impressive range of benefits, ample opportunities to grow and time to have fun. This is a dynamic opportunity where you can have a major impact and an amazing experience right from the start.
We'll count on you to lead teams and to steer the direction of projects so that, like us, you'll be truly proud of the results you created. Clearly, we're a little different at Bozzuto. We're a company that has concern for the people and the communities we touch. We support your education and learning, which we encourage in every part of our organization, from our newest team members all the way to the top. And we believe in exercising creativity in everything we do. If you're as passionate as we are about construction and feel strongly that perfection is an attainable goal, we invite you to join us.
Support Bozzuto Development and partners by managing all aspects of construction including, site planning, acquisitions, budgeting, entitlements, preconstruction planning and communication of changes thereof, and specifically:
- Strive to adhere to project schedule, managing milestones and critical path activities.
- Select and oversee negotiations with the general contractor and subcontractors, as necessary.
- Drive the process of soliciting, evaluating, and making recommendations regarding construction contracts, budgets, value engineering, schedules, site logistic plans, and safety.
- Review design drawings during all stages of the design process to ensure constructability and fully coordinated scope as required by our agreements, permitting requirements, and internal design guidelines to limit cost exposure after contract signing.
- Manage the overall hard cost budget(s)of the project(s) and adhere to intended design, quality, and schedule standards.
- Drive process and negotiate change orders and manage general contractor contingency usage.
- Provide owner representation and contractor oversight of construction progress.
- Serve as liaison between contractor, city, and owner consultants as required to maintain project schedule. Represent Bozzuto in the owner/architect/contractor meetings including monthly hard cost draw review, change orders, submittal process, RFI process, schedule and action items.
- Manage the FF&E, punch list, back punch, turnover and occupancy process.
- Work with local jurisdictions regarding permits and inspections as well as coordination of these activities.
- Work with local utility companies to coordinate and execute all design and connections for each project to maintain project schedule, as necessary.
- Advise on retail tenant work letters and manage costs and schedule constraints.
- Keep up to date on new construction methodologies and technologies and advise implementation as appropriate.
- Negotiate/award/manage third party consultants and agencies to include testing and inspection firms, LEED consulting and commissioning during the construction process.
- Monitor, document and report construction activities.
What You Bring to Us:
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to external clients/audiences.
- Demonstrated supervisory/management skills and ability to motivate/manage team(s).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of Procore and Primavera P6, Bluebeam or other take-off software.
- Familiarity with multi-family, commercial and/or mixed-use construction projects.
- Strong understanding of sitework, foundations, wood-frame, steel, and concrete construction.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction codes and ordinances.
- Proven track-record of completing, evaluating, and managing multiple projects.
- Skilled in executing detailed material take-offs and line-item budgets.
- PMP and/or LEED accreditation desired.
- To perform the duties of this job, you will be regularly exposed to adverse conditions (including, but not limited to bad weather, dust, and noise) and required to talk, hear, stand, and walk long distances; and you must be able to get around sites and buildings under construction, which includes climbing stairs and ladders.
- This position is located within the Boston area but may require travel to the greater Washington DC metro area as well as other markets served by the Bozzuto Group.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience managing multi-million dollar construction projects.
- Or equivalent combination of both education and experience
- Experience working in Boston and greater Boston is preferred.
What Makes A Great Fit:
We're not a typical construction company. We look for leaders who take pride in their work, enjoy inspiring others and value the moments when our partners and customers experience something extraordinary. We're hard working, hard playing, Vet owned and performance minded. We give back to our communities and have each other's back. We solve problems and build relationships. This might sound corny, but we're really a nice bunch of people. We hope you want to be part of a great team and join us.
Meet Some of Bozzuto's Employees
Sales & Marketing Associate
Rocio's position entails assisting future residents in finding their perfect apartment home. She oversees the customer journey, from the time they express interest in a tour to the time they move in and beyond.
Back to top