Assistant Maintenance Manager
At Bozzuto, it's all about experience. Whether it's the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we've been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
Preserve and Protect the Community:
Your mantra is preserve and protect. You bring your passion for people and the trades to work with you every day. You're a doer but you can also motivate others. As a jack of all trades and an advocate for the community's asset preservation, you instill in everyone you interact with a sense of Bozzuto pride.
As an Assistant Building Maintenance Manager, your primary responsibilities include:
- Leading by example and being a role model for the standards and behaviors consistent with the core values and culture of Bozzuto
- Showing care and concern for our residents through timely follow ups and meticulous completion of their apartment service tickets
- Resolving maintenance issues in the area of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and appliance repair
- Managing the make-ready and apartment turnover process with attention to detail and timeliness so apartments can be leased and new residents can move in
- Preserving the value of the building by consistently executing on preventative maintenance programs
- Preserving the beauty of the building and the safety of the community through general upkeep and cleanliness, snow removal and grounds maintenance
- Sustaining peak efficiency operation levels for all property components
- Adhering to applicable building, county and safety codes/standards, while running an accident-free operation
- Working weekends and participating in the emergency on-call rotation
You Create Value by:
- Never giving up, always tinkering to find a better way
- Connecting with people by listening and demonstrating concern and a sense of urgency to correct any issues they may have
- Solving problems for your customers and treating them like you would your best friend
- Taking ownership and pride in making certain the community is impeccable
- Creating a motivating environment that encourages your team to give their very best
- Loving to learn and share new knowledge with others
- Rolling up your sleeves to assist team members-no job is "below your pay grade"
What You Bring to Us:
- 5+ years of experience in the trades, facilities and/or residential building maintenance
- Strong leadership aptitude and supervisory experience preferred
- An HVAC, EPA and/or NAPE certification
- Knowledge of risk management, OSHA and MSDS
- Proficiency with HVAC, plumbing, electrical trades and appliance repair
- Basic carpentry, drywall and painting skills
- Exposure to complex mechanical systems such as central plant, split systems, boilers and chillers desired
- A safety mindset and an eye for detail
- A builder's mentality (know it like you built it!)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A sharp professional appearance
- Basic proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and comfort using various technology platforms, apps and computer programs
- Availability for emergency situations at the property, including an on-call rotation
- The ability to exert 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly, climb stairs, use ladders and work in varying weather conditions
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage-including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.
Back to top