All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEO’s garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient and fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, and our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada and Texas.
We’re a late stage start-up that places technology and innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform and automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines and our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics and other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C and B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful and seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each and every customer and every single order receives a hand-written thank you note. This role reports directly to the Supply Chain Director.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant and fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people and operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time and money, which in turn makes their lives easier. That’s where you come in!
- Be responsible for building out accurate demand forecasting tools that will help drive service levels for our end customer
- Be responsible for inventory management across a wide selection of SKUs, including review DOI positions, purchase order generation, over-stock mitigation, new product planning, managing vendor communication and performance
- Have an in-depth understanding of safety stock, demand/supply volatility and service level goals
- Help build out and drive item level demand forecast models for large SKU counts
- Understand different forecast models and pro/cons associated with each
- Be able to measure forecast model accuracy using different methodologies
- Collaborate closely with our data science team to help improve model accuracy
- Collaborate with engineering to build out the replenishment-ERP demand planning module
- Partner with our tech teams to translate the demand forecasts into ERP-driven, accurate and reliable purchase orders
- Understand and utilize DMAIC methods to ensure reliability in our planning tools
- Be able to build out dashboard using SQL and clearly articulate/present on projects metrics
- Bachelors degree
- Education in statistical modeling, supply chain, forecasting tools
- 4+ years of experience in supply chain operations and demand planning
- 4+ years with hands on experience in inventory management and forecasting
- Have built our many different types of forecast models using different methodologies
- Have a proven track record to delivering high quality models with measurable impact on the business
- Have an understanding of Just In Time Logistics management
- Highly proficiency in excel, SQL and creating dashboards required
- Experience in leading process improvement projects, green/black belt certification preferred
- Self-starter, creative thinker and organized problem solver
- Great executive communication skills; clear, detailed and organized
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly-collaborative, entrepreneurial and high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives
- High attention to detail and the ability to audit her/his own work for accuracy and quality with minimal hand-holding
- Ability to efficiently plan, prioritize and manage numerous projects and tasks simultaneously
- Be able to handle large number of vendor communications and stay organized
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, “America’s Dream Boss” for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, and lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crain’s list of best places to work in NYC. We’d love to meet you, so apply today!