About the company
Boxed is changing the way the world shops, a tech company innovating in a $10+ trillion industry. We are building and running a world-class e-commerce platform delivering products our clients love in two days or less. We are a vibrant, fun and close group of engineers, designers, marketers, and operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers.
About the job
As a mid level QA Analyst, you will be focused on making sure that our internal and customer facing apps are of the highest standards. The Boxed technology team is continually creating new value on its platform and as part of the QA team, you will help ensure systems perform as designed through diligent documentation and testing. The ideal candidate understands how to test the entire software stack, from front-end to back-end, and exercises great attention to detail. The role is located in our New York city office.
Write test plans, test cases (sometimes without clear requirements), and execute them
Create and track bug reports using JIRA and also communicate issues to engineers and product managers
Partner with product managers / designers / engineers to understand requirements and the overall design and function of various applications
Participate in regular updates and report on testing status to relevant parties
Update various test suites and execute them as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in manual testing of customer facing and internal applications
- Experience testing Web based applications and native apps (iOS and Android)
- Experience with debugging tools such as Chrome Developer Tool, Charles Proxy, Fiddler etc
- Experience in writing complex Test Plans and Test Cases and executing them through JIRA, Zephyr, TestRail etc
- A strong sense of urgency, passion for testing and ability to find good bugs under tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
Don’t meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. We’re always looking for fast learners who may have a less than standard path or the exact skillset mentioned above. Please apply anyways and show us why you’re awesome!
- Webservices/API testing
- Ecommerce experience
- Scrum experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits