Outbound Shift Lead (Overnight Shift)-$18/hr
- Union, NJ
All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEO’s garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient and fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, and our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada and Texas.
We’re a late stage start-up that places technology and innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform and automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines and our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics and other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C and B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful and seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each and every customer and every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
This role will report directly to the General Manager of the Union, NJ Fulfillment Center.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant and fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people and operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time and money, which in turn makes their lives easier. That’s where you come in!
- Manage inventory for processing supplies (tape, boxes, bubbles, & etc)
- Work with local parcel services on pick-ups/ swaps (Scheduling), and trailer spotting and movement
- Manage and adjust staffing levels based on business requirements
- Gain working knowledge of staffing agency relationships
- Identify operational issues and proposes action for quick resolution
- Understand equipment usage and shift requirements
- Communicate staffing and equipment issues proactively
- Effectively measure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to ensure all Service levels (SLA) are met
- Generate daily production reports
- Monitor tote balance between pick/pack
- Monitor hourly production goals/adjust accordingly
- Monitor aged order process
- Minimum of 1 year as a department lead (or equivalent)
- Basic computer skills – working knowledge of Word, Excel, WMS and E-mail
- Willingness to work flexible hours/shifts and departments as business needs dictate
- Be willing to engage in and satisfactorily pass additional training requirements
- Previous experience with TGW Conveyors, and SAP WMS systems.
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, “America’s Dream Boss” for our generous
Back to top