Technical Support Engineer
As part of a team that is revolutionizing how businesses share and manage content, the Technical Support Engineer is tasked with tackling, researching, and solving the toughest technical issues presented by our customer to ensure our users are delighted with their Box experience.
As an escalation point, you will work closely with the Support, Product, Platform, Engineering, and Technical Operations teams to identify problems, hypothesize on root cause, test issues, manage the bug ticket queue, and whatever is required to resolve issues rapidly and get our users back on track. The role requires that you can easily transition between speaking with Engineering, Developers and customers (both technically skilled and novices).
Ideally, you enjoy customer interaction, like solving tough issues, and want to grow into increasingly technical roles. You are smart, resourceful, and a team player excited to solve problems, advocate for users, and amplify Box's core values. Above all, you like to relentlessly pursue user delight!
IMPORTANT - Please note that the preferred candidate would be able to work from one of the following Box offices:
- Redwood City, CA (Headquarters)
- Austin, TX
- Provide awesome service to customers, excelling in empathy and case ownership.
- Collaborate with multiple support tiers, serving as an escalation point, and investigate complex/corner case issues such as advanced network/firewall issues, debugging complex desktop environments, various SSO environment configurations, and working with our API and answering developer questions.
- Support a growing population of Developers on the Box Platform, being able to solve increasingly challenging questions that arise from use of the Box API, SDK’s, and integrations with third-party applications. As the Box Platform grows, so will your need to be up-to-date.
- Be both a support rep and a consultant for a variety of subjects related to cloud content management (CCM).
- Speak with users about technical issues in a way they can understand.
- Resolve web-based, phone, and email requests via our CRM, community, phone, remote assistance and other tools.
- Work cross-functionally with Customers, Box Support, and Engineering to ensure resolution of customer issues.
- Participate in skunk-works projects such as innovating around new channels or building internal tools to increase efficiency and grow internal knowledge.
- Identify, develop and deliver training/mentorship to benefit all areas of User Services and Customer Success.
- Think outside the box (haha!), propose, and execute improvements to our process, product, and knowledge.
- Have a blast making one of the fastest growing cloud content companies even better!
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of experience in working with customers in a technical role.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or similar technical background. This is a highly technical role!
- Advanced knowledge of firewall proxy and network configurations
- A strong sense of empathy with customers trying to use our products.
- Ability to improvise, think creatively, and find solutions to tricky problems.
- Drive and ability to GSD, independently and collaboratively.
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot with limited information and a clear plan of action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion about solving customer issues.
- Ideally you are an existing Box user who wants to make our product better.
- Experience with Jira, Zendesk or other tracking tools would be awesome.
- Some experience writing code would be a plus!
- Previous Support Engineering / Developer Support experience also a big plus!
- Bring your wacky self to work!
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top