Staff Software Engineer, Uploads & Downloads
Our Mission: Provide the most secure, durable and scalable service to store and serve our customers’ files.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Uploads and Downloads team, you will have the opportunity to build the next generation of backend services used by thousands of businesses from your neighborhood corner store all the way up to Fortune 500 companies to securely transfer millions of files, daily.
- Design and implement core back-end software components and for transferring hundreds of petabytes of user data while handling thousands of concurrent connections
- You'll build globally distributed services moving petabytes of data
- You'll measure and optimize, and help build the industry's fastest and most reliable file transfer technology
- You'll collaborate with other engineers on the team to cultivate solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- As a senior member of our team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- You will collaborate, influence and help us work together towards improvement across scrum teams
- You love building distributed, client/server systems, especially in the web application space
- You are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You act like an owner and aspire to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you love mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
- Deep understanding of the network stack, TCP/IP and HTTP protocol
- 8+ years of professional work experience
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top