Staff Software Engineer, Tools & Infrastructure
Our mission is to build Box's next generation self-serve delivery platform, enabling engineers to rapidly build technology. We are a tight-knit team, building tools to increase developer productivity across Box, and supporting close to 300 engineers. We have strong Open Source DNA (ClusterRunner), real passion for high quality code, and a commitment to create a highly productive developer experience. We seek out inefficiencies in developer experience and build solutions to optimize for long term developer productivity. We use various solving techniques, collaboration building strategies, process control and continuous process improvement tools to identify forms of waste in a developer’s processes.
Why the team needs you
As a member of this team, you will provide technical leadership, mentorship and drive technological impact in a small team. You will get to be involved in key strategic decisions across the engineering org, with the unique opportunity to grow into a leadership role. You will research Box's continuous integration requirements and design effective solutions for a variety of technologies. You'll get to take on challenges around user experience, scale, security, analytics and cross-platform portability. You will also get to add to Box's Open Source efforts.
Why box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the ideally positioned company to help enterprises transform how people collaborate together. We want to make sure that the developers at Box have the best tools possible to drive that transformation. That's where you come in!
Why you need box
You will have the chance to collaborate with, learn from, and mentor a strong group of accomplished engineers. You'll have visibility and impact on a critical area of Box's growth. You'll be exposed to and will be part of design, planning, and monitoring of the full stack of our Productivity Engineering applications.
Who you are
- You have strong coding, design, and architecture skills
- You have a passion for writing clean, well tested and maintainable code
- You have fluency in one of C/C++, Java, Python or Go
- You have experience with distributed systems and scalable services
- You love solving problems and playing with data to come up with solutions
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience in cloud technologies
And these skills won't hurt either
- Prior experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery systems
- A track record of building distributed systems in an asynchronous problem space
- Previous contributions to Open Source projects
Back to top