Staff Software Engineer, Search
Our mission: Build the best-in-class search platform that enables Box users to get to their relevant content as quickly and as easily as possible.
Are you interested in scalability & distributed systems?
Are you excited about optimization problems?
Do you want to work on one of the core areas of Box that impacts millions of users?
If you had answered affirmatively to the questions above, the Search engineering team is the right team for you. Search team is seeking a highly motivated engineer to be part of the effort to re-architect search platform to make it the best-in-class in terms of scale, performance and quality.
- Build an end-to-end search system that optimizes for speed, relevance and performance.
- Build highly scalable search index architecture that can scale for performance, cost & operational efficiency.
- Build reliable & highly available services to add & update index in real-time.
- Build relevance models and run a/b tests to improve relevancy of search results.
- Work with other engineering teams to understand the box data model and designing the optimal way of bringing in the data for searching.
- You'll collaborate, influence and drive for improvement across scrum teams
- Demonstrated expertise in building highly scalable & distributed backend architecture.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and object oriented programming
- Experience developing in Java, Scala or C++
- Experience with Lucene based Search solutions (Solr, Elasticsearch etc.) preferred
- Experience working with Hadoop, HBase preferred
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top