Staff Software Engineer, Product Security & Advanced Detection
Box is a lot more than just file storage, syncing and sharing. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. Our product offers many features to companies that enable them to trust Box with their most sensitive content and make them productive within and outside their organization. This is where Box thrives and what differentiates us from the competition. We are changing the way people work on a global scale.
Why the Security team needs you
Our team is building a product that empowers our customers to trust Box with their most sensitive data by – a) protecting content through its lifecycle, b) enabling users to work securely without friction, and c) delivering premier security services that provide access to Box’s security experts.
We do this by solving the following problems:
- Monitor external and insider threats
- Detect ransomware and automate response
- Get visibility into shared links
- Review security alerts in Admin Console
- Get 24x7 valuable security services
Why Box needs you
We are looking for engineers with a passion for building out security and enterprise features that are able to handle complex use-cases in a robust and easy-to-use way. We are focusing on building a product to help customers stay secure, detect anomalous behavior and present it in a way that's easy to consume. As an engineer on our team, you will join a diverse, fast-paced, mainly backend/core team that works together to build new capabilities that help Box’s customers protect their Box content. Security being a horizontal product, you will work across teams to design and implement capabilities that power high-demand use-cases in a future-proof way.
Why you need Box
You believe Security is core to enterprise products. In addition to influencing the technical vision for the team, you also want to influence the product vision. You are interested in building new capabilities into our Box offering.
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are lifelong learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them. You'll join a highly collaborative scrum team that is very passionate about the security mission. You'll have an opportunity to drive impactful feature development from the beginning to the end. And the work you'll do will directly impact the experience of our 40 million+ users.
What you'll be responsible for
- You'll drive architectural, product and technological decisions for security-focused products
- You'll influence our team's processes and execution methods
- You'll coach and mentor junior team members
- You'll develop high-quality code
- You'll collaborate with other senior members of our staff to define our technical strategy for Box application
Who you are
- You have a passion for designing, building, and shipping extraordinary software
- You possess strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, software design principles, and object-oriented programming
- You've got a deep understanding of distributed systems and multi-threaded programming
- You have experience with async processing framework/serverless architecture
- You have the maturity to balance feature work, service ownership, and retirement of technical debt
- You've been in the industry for 8+ years
- You graduated with Computer Science or related degree
What other experience might be relevant
- One or more OOP languages such as C++/Java/C#/Scala
- HDFS, Hadoop M/R, Hive, Kafka, Spark
- Virtualization/container abstractions and orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- AWS services (S3 / EC2 / EMR / Redshift / DynamoDB)
- Backend/infrastructure work
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE: BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps businesses of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Outbound Business Representative
Ryan works with federal, state, and local government agencies to help them integrate Box’s secure storage system so that they can more efficiently achieve their goals.
Back to top