Identity and Product Security team is responsible for building highly scalable authentication and security solutions for both internal and external consumption. This makes us core to Box's vision of providing secure content management. View recently developed: Security Classification.
The (non-exhaustive) list of things we work on covers the following areas:
- Federated identity management
- Session/token management
- Security Token Service
- Anomalous behavior / account takeover detection and prevention
- Malware protection
- Content Security Scanning
- Content exfiltration prevention, IP Whitelisting
- Rate Limiter
- Secrets management
We’re looking for core/backend developers with experience in distributed systems to build security features and abuse prevention solutions. At Box, security is essential, so while security background is not a strong requirement, it is paramount you have interest in keeping customer data protected.
As a technical and thought leader on our team, you will work across organizational and team boundaries to drive decisions that align with the future architecture, product and business goals. You will lead significant technology initiatives from inception to successful deployment, across multiple layers of architecture. We'll look for you to provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, thought leadership on code quality, and engineering process improvements. You will collaborate with other senior members of our staff to define our technical strategy.
- Work on any number of security and identity related areas and products
- Understand Box’s threat landscape and help shape our security position
- Build systems for detecting anomalous activities within the product
- Collaborate, influence and drive for improvement across scrum teams
- Experience building scalable distributed systems
- BS/BA or above in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years software development experience
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of authentication systems, anomaly detection, and web security
- Machine learning or big-data background
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.