Box is a lot more than just file storage, syncing and sharing. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. Our product offers many features to companies that enable them to trust Box with their most sensitive content and make them productive within and outside their organization. This is where Box thrives and what differentiates us from competition. We are changing the way people work at a global scale.
The Enterprise workflow team is building a mission-critical platform to help customers power their business processes. We are building features that allow customers to setup, track and manage all their work in one place in an efficient and pleasant way. We are looking for people to join our team to work closely with our product and other engineering teams to define the future of our workflow platform and its architecture.
Why the team needs you
We are just starting out on our journey to build an intelligent workflow platform to support business processes at scale. As an engineer in the Enterprise workflow team, you will join a small, diverse, fast-paced, full-stack team that works together to build new, easy-to-use tools and APIs that helps Box’s customers get their work done faster. You will work cross-functionally to lead the design and implementation of components that power mission-critical use cases in a future-proof way.
Why Box needs you
As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We believe that with the intelligent workflow platform we can help people work smarter, achieve team goals faster, communicate status effortlessly and minimized distractions. You can help us build this platform. As a Staff engineer at Box, you will work with other engineers across the organization to define and build the next generation of Box platform and its architecture and can improve our engineering processes by drawing from your past experiences.
Why you need Box
You are going to have the unique opportunity to define and build the next generation of Box workflow system to support platform and application use cases. In additional to influencing technical vision for the team, you will also influence the product vision and build out completely new capabilities into our Box offering. You will build new services as well as work on integration with existing systems we have at Box. You will work on systems dealing with large scare of users, files, tasks and events.
What you'll be responsible for
- You'll be a key contributor to the vision of our next generation workflow platform
- You'll contribute to the design and implementation features to enable ad-hoc team level workflows and collaborations
- You'll influence our team's processes and execution methods
- You'll coach and mentor other engineers and teams
- You'll develop high-quality code
- You'll collaborate with others senior members of our staff to define our technical strategy for Box application
Who you are
- You have 8+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You have proven track record of delivering distributed systems
- You have strong system architecture skills
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You have an academic background in computer science or a related field
- Designing scalable, highly-available service oriented architectures
- Working knowledge of large-scale workflow systems
- Building externally facing APIs
Find out about our engineering team
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.